NFL Season Opener: TNF Texans @ Chiefs GDT

patriotsheatyan

10 hours ago, HolmesPriest said:

To add to this Clyde Edwards 150+ Yards rushing. 

On 9/2/2020 at 9:42 PM, ET80 said:

The ONE thing the Texans D can do is stop the run. Zach Cunningham was graded as the best run stopper in football, per PFF... Berdnardrick McKinney was further down but still Top 15.

Tyreek Hill might get 300 on this secondary, Travis Kelce might score about six TDs on four drives (trust me, it's possible against our secondary) Mecole Hardemen and Sammy Watkins could both rack up catches and scores, Mahomes is guarenteed to get well over 300 and 5+ TDs - I won't argue that.

A rookie RB running wild on this defense? I highly doubt it.

I'll cover this bet - CEH goes for under 75 rushing. He might go 150 total yards from scrimmage, but the bulk of that will be in the passing game. 

Texans can stop the run...

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:13 PM, ET80 said:

People tend to forget that Brandin Cooks had four consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. People talk about his concussions, but don't mention how he missed two games due to it. People don't talk about how Cooks played in more games (including playoffs) than any other WR since 2015 - so his track record is actually that of one of the most dependable WRs in football.

Sure, he's not DeAndre Hopkins - not many WRs are on that tier. (I'd argue none are on that tier, but that's an argument for Comparisons). But, Deshaun Watson is showing to have an ability to make good players better than they are - so, the team is doubling down on Watson.

There are worse bets out there...

cooks wasn't even that good last season with better talent around him.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

cooks wasn't even that good last season with better talent around him.

In what universe is Jared Goff better than Deshaun Watson?

You have consistently bad takes on... well, everything. But this one is really bad.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

In what universe is Jared Goff better than Deshaun Watson?

You have consistently bad takes on... well, everything. But this one is really bad.

I didn't say Goff better than Watson.  I was saying Cooks played alongside Robert Woods, Kopp, Josh Reynolds, Higbee and a better running game than the Texans, and McVay is a much better offensive mind than O'Brien is.  He only cracked 100 receiving yards once all season. Once!

Edited by Texansfan713

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 3:24 PM, SkippyX said:

Fuller is a #1 like DeSean Jackson is a #1

IF they can stay healthy

Those 4 WRs would make one heck of a 4x100 relay team and I'd love to see what Deshaun Watson could do with them over 16 games.

I don't expect even 2 of them to play 16 though.

is desean really a number 1 when healthy? desean hasn't been a legit number 1 since his first eagles stint and even that is pushing it.

49 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I didn't say Goff better than Watson.  

That's probably the most important position when evaluating how effective a WR can be... So everything else you compare against shouldn't matter. 2019 Jared Goff was a far cry from 2018 Jared Goff - this should end this conversation. But, well address it anyways:

50 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I was saying Cooks played alongside Robert Woods, Kopp, Josh Reynolds

So... He's playing with guys who take away targets from him. That "better talent" would impact his numbers negativity, right?

53 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

better running game than the Texans

The 26th ranked rushing attack (Rams) is better than the 9th ranked rushing attack (Texans)? I don't think numbers or rankings work that way. But... feel free to expand on this.

56 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

McVay is a much better offensive mind than O'Brien is.  

Ok, now we're saying something that makes sense. So you're 1/3 today, hitting .333... Not the worst.

57 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

He only cracked 100 receiving yards once all season. Once!

The entire Rams offense took steps backwards last year. As stated earlier, Cooks dropped down in the pecking order to Cooper Kupp (who wasn't around the last time Cooks broke the 1,000 yard barrier, he tore his ACL). He also missed two games with a concussion - so sure, his numbers were going to drop. 

He broke 100 once last season, but what were you expecting? We're you expecting 2018 when he broke it four times, and broke over 85 yards receiving seven times that year? For that to happen, he'd need 2018 Goff, not Goff from last season...

6 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I really hope this downpour stops before game time...

Our field crew is typically one of the best,    but I would hate for the field to add to what is probably going to be a sloppy game.

WTF ?
You've had 6 months to prepare for this event...are you telling us that Mahomes can walk on water...but he can't stop the rain ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

*sigh*

Ok - prediction.

38-35, Texans. Watson to Kenny Stills for an 18 yard TD with 0:02 seconds left in the game. Pat Mahomes becomes the first QB to post a perfect QB rating (158.3) and lose.

(I think he'd be the only one...)

Looks like 5 have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_quarterbacks_who_have_posted_a_perfect_passer_rating 

Most recently Chad Pennington in 2003.