NFL Season Opener: TNF Texans @ Chiefs GDT

patriotsheatyan

Is speed now the most important thing teams look for in an NFL receiver?

This game will showcase why that may be.... We may have no corners or safeties fast enough to press Tyreek Hill or Watkins but they don't have anyone fast enough to do the same with Will Fuller and Brandin Cooks.

Thinking about it, no wonder Ruggs was taken so earlier, even earlier than more traditional choices like Lamb and Jeudy. KC has pretty much shown the entire NFL how to make speed work.

Edited by Drained

53 minutes ago, Drained said:

This game will showcase why that may be.... We may have no corners or safeties fast enough to press Tyreek Hill or Watkins but they don't have anyone fast enough to do the same with Will Fuller and Brandin Cooks.

Thinking about it, no wonder Ruggs was taken so earlier, even earlier than more traditional choices like Lamb and Jeudy. KC has pretty much shown the entire NFL how to make speed work.

In all fairness, Ruggs was a "Raiders" pick through and through so i'm not sure I would put my money on this indicating any sort of trend.

8 minutes ago, LeonKennedy said:

In all fairness, Ruggs was a "Raiders" pick through and through so i'm not sure I would put my money on this indicating any sort of trend.

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

speed is irrelevant to me if you cant get open, run routes and make tough catches.

Any of the top 3 WRS we worthy of being taken first. Each has their own strengths and I think all 3 will be great. 

Ruggs however is so more than an Al Davis pick who runs fast. He has some of the softest hands in the draft (lowest drop % I believe) and is a savvy route runner. You'll see this season. 

• Like 2

Separation is the most important now, it seems (with players like Hakeem being jettisoned and Harry struggling - both don't separate) - whether that's by speed, route running or a combination of both, I think just gaining a bit of separation puts a WR in favor. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 hours ago, Drained said:

That’s why we drafted Juan Thornhill at safety, ran a sub 4.4. Forty