Pats are releasing Sanu

tab

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm expecting interest from the WFT.  He's been a mentor to Haskins since he was a kid, and Haskins calls him "unc".  We also have a lot of uncertainty at WR after McLaurin and Sims.

Interesting - what's the connection, are they related?

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Speed was never part of his game either - so if he's slower now, he might as well be standing still.

The beat writers just watched a half a season’s worth of a big bodied, slower possession receiver run routes on a high ankle sprain - and proceeded to call him sluggish...

Even 2nd rounder aside, it would’ve been nice to make this move earlier. An extra $6.5M in free agency when NE was really tight to the cap would’ve been nice. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The beat writers just watched a half a season’s worth of a big bodied, slower possession receiver run routes on a high ankle sprain - and proceeded to call him sluggish...

Even 2nd rounder aside, it would’ve been nice to make this move earlier. An extra $6.5M in free agency when NE was really tight to the cap would’ve been nice. 

Yeah, but you will get that 6.5 next year now in roll over, which could end up being a bigger deal

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Always thought that trade was super weird. You see really talented players get traded for 2nd rounders yet Sanu’s always been just a guy. I’d have maybe given a 5th for him. 

Niners helped drive that up. Pats and niners we both very interested per reports and the niners were in it until the end. I imagine that spiked the compensation

11 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Always thought that trade was super weird. You see really talented players get traded for 2nd rounders yet Sanu’s always been just a guy. I’d have maybe given a 5th for him. 

They were desperate for some kind of jolt in what they probably already knew was Brady's last run. Its an explanation, not an excuse. Still a bad trade.