Pats are releasing Sanu

tab

29 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

not my point 

point is everyone lauds NE for being so savvy and knowing what they are doing and the reality is Brady has been the deoderant covering up the stench for years, testament to Brady being great and covering up alot of mistakes

yet some still question if BB knows something we dont bc he "let" brady walk

I guess I dont understand your point. You seem to thing 20 years of sustained successs and 6 SB wins happened despite a bad FO. So is your point Tom Brady covered up a serious of bad moves?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I guess I dont understand your point. You seem to thing 20 years of sustained successs and 6 SB wins happened despite a bad FO. So is your point Tom Brady covered up a serious of bad moves?

im saying the GOAT QB covered up a series of terrible drafts

and although BB is a great coach and does a hell of a job coaching up the talent they HAVE, his FO or him, are not that great at evaluating the talent IN the draft

11 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

im saying the GOAT QB covered up a series of terrible drafts

and although BB is a great coach and does a hell of a job coaching up the talent they HAVE, his FO or him, are not that great at evaluating the talent IN the draft

wut

Jerod Mayo

Donta Hightower

Rob Gronkowski

Aaron Hernandez (despite his off field stuff)

Joe Thuney

Trey Flowers

James White

Jamie Collins

Logan Ryan

Devin McCourty

Chandler Jones

Nate Solder

Pat Chung

Sebastian Vollmer

Julian Edelman

Matt Slater

Stephen Gostowski

Logan Mankins

Vince Wilfork

Ben Watson

Ty Warren

Asante Samuel

Deion Branch

Richard Seymour

Matt Light

TOM BRADY

And the the serious of above average solid starters/contributers:

Daniel Graham

Jarvis Green

Dan Koppen

Nick Kaczur

Tully Banta-Cain

Eugene WIlson

Ellis Hobbs

Matt Cassel

Laurence Maroney

Brandon Meriweather

Darius Butler

Zoltan Mesko

Brandon Spikes

Shane Vereen

Marcus Cannon

Duron Harmon

Jimmy Garrapollo

Shaq Mason

Malcolm Brown

Vincent Valentine 

Sony Michel

Isaiah Wynn

Ja'Whaun Bentley

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

wut

Jerod Mayo - eh coached up by very good coaching

Donta Hightower eh coached up by very good coaching

Rob Gronkowski - Great talent good draft pick

Aaron Hernandez (despite his off field stuff) - Great talent good draft pick

Joe Thuney-  - eh coached up by very good coaching

Trey Flowers- eh coached up by very good coaching

James White- ONLY good because brady checks down

Jamie Collins- eh coached up by very good coaching

Logan Ryan - system

Devin McCourty - good talent good pick

Chandler Jones- Great talent good draft pick

Nate Solder- eh coached up by very good coaching see Giants career

Pat Chung - eh coached up by very good coaching

Sebastian Vollmer eh coached up by very good coaching

Julian Edelman- Would never be relevant without Brady

Matt Slater - GTFO

Stephen Gostowski -- Great talent good draft pick

Logan Mankins- Great talent good draft pick

Vince Wilfork- Great talent good draft pick

Ben Watson - GTFO

Ty Warren- Great talent good draft pick

Asante Samuel- Great talent good draft pick

Deion Branch- good pick

Richard Seymour- Great talent good draft pick

Matt Light- Great talent good draft pick

TOM BRADY- GOAT

And the the serious of above average solid starters/contributers:

Daniel Graham- GTFO

Jarvis Green- GTFO

Dan Koppen- eh coached up by very good coaching

Nick Kaczur- GTFO

Tully Banta-Cain- eh coached up by very good coaching

Eugene WIlson- eh coached up by very good coaching

Ellis Hobbs- GTFO

Matt Cassel- eh coached up by very good coaching

Laurence Maroney- GTFO

Brandon Meriweather- eh coached up by very good coaching

Darius Butler- eh coached up by very good coaching

Zoltan Mesko- GTFO

Brandon Spikes- eh coached up by very good coaching

Shane Vereen- would not be relevant without Brady

Marcus Cannon- eh coached up by very good coaching

Duron Harmon- GTFO

Jimmy Garrapollo- eh coached up by very good coaching

Shaq Mason- eh coached up by very good coaching

Malcolm Brown- good pick

Vincent Valentine - GTFO

Sony Michel - good pick

Isaiah Wynn- GTFO

Ja'Whaun Bentley- GTFO

there u go

sorry man NE just hasnt had good drafts

you picked the GOAT kudos, many other franchises would swap places with you, mine included, however the GOAT has CARRIED your franchise despite your inability to draft well, and your great coaching staff has done a great job of coaching up the talent like i said

BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU DRAFTED WELL

31 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

there u go

you picked the GOAT kudos, many other franchises would swap places with you, mine included, however the GOAT has CARRIED your franchise despite your inability to draft well, and your great coaching staff has done a great job of coaching up the talent like i said

Cool cool cool you have no interest in a discussion. I can see now that common sense and facts will not sway you. The Patriots have the worst FO and have had one for the entirety of the BB/Brady era. Those 6 SBs are a fluke. Any other team would have a list a mile longer than the one I provided I guess. Oh woes me, how could I have been so wrong and you so right despite any concrete evidence. You are quite the convincing chap. I concede, frolic on your merry way as you watch Tom Brady carry your team and your good draft picks be good because of coaching and relevant only because of Tom Brady! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Cool cool cool you have no interest in a discussion. I can see now that common sense and facts will not sway you. The Patriots have the worst FO and have had one for the entirety of the BB/Brady era. Those 6 SBs are a fluke. Any other team would have a list a mile longer than the one I provided I guess. Oh woes me, how could I have been so wrong and you so right despite any concrete evidence. You are quite the convincing chap. I concede, frolic on your merry way as you watch Tom Brady carry your team and your good draft picks be good because of coaching and relevant only because of Tom Brady! 

lol 

its funny to see ppl that are so biased they cannot admit simple things

im not comparing teams bro

im not even saying you guys have a bad FO  nor that through the entirety of the Brady era you guys suck at drafting 

what I AM saying, is that these last few years NE drafting has NOT been good, and NE have over relied on coaching because NE hasnt been that effective drafting

thats it

20 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

lol 

im not even saying you guys have a bad FO  nor that through the entirety of the Brady era you guys suck at drafting 

what I AM saying, is that these last few years NE drafting has NOT been good, and NE have over relied on coaching because NE hasnt been that effective drafting

thats it

10 Best AEW Finishers – Page 11

This is a new form of tin foil hat anti Patriot insanity but its not uncommon to have some form of that insanity.

When BB has been less than perfect as a GM (like all the other ones) he has made up for it with incredible trades and signings.

• Randy Moss for a 4th rounder. (top 50 trade in NFL history?)
  • Kyle Van Noy and a 7th for a 6th round pick  - This is an A+ trade
  • Jamie Collins for 3 million when he cost Cleveland 13 a year and Detroit 10 a year? Amazing!
  • Letting Chung go when he wanted too much and then plugging him back in cheap after a year in Philly - A+
  • Raiding division rivals for contributing players like Welker and Hogan.
  • Bringing Edelman in UFA because "he is a football player" and him later becoming a SB MVP

Another brilliant move. Taking one of the best corners in the league from the Bills with money you then don't use on Malcolm Butler.

BTW, Hightower may be on his way to a Hall of Fame career.  If he falls short he's still going into the Patriots ring of honor .

• He was an A+ late 1st round pick.

As stated earlier, he made the best draft pick in NFL history in round 6 of 2000.

BB has done all this with the league stealing a pair of 1st round picks for a memo and science denial.

• Like 1

The Eagles and Patriots played a 24-21 Super Bowl in 2004 and the game was decided on 2 major factors.

McNabb sucked (Belichick game plan was to force him to throw a bunch so he could suck)

And Corey Dillon wore down an Eagles D that was amazing in the first half.

• 3611 yards from scrimmage and 39 TDs in 3 years including a Super Bowl win for a late 2nd rounder.

5 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

lol 

thats it

You just grouped together Dont’a Hightower, Jerod Mayo, Joe Thuney, Shaq Mason, and Sebastian Vollmer with Brandon Meriweather, Tully Banta-Cain, and Eugene Wilson. 

You’re gonna have to cut us some slack for not respecting your opinions after blunders like that.

11 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

there u go

bobby jindal fire GIF

I know what you're saying, and to an extent you have a point - but your list above is about as blatant as confirmation bias can get. You're listing the players that weren't All-pro/Pro bowl types and saying they were 'eh, needed coaching'. Players like Thuney and Hightower were instrumental in winning Superbowls (Thuney played his part in shutting down Donald ffs). They're not just 'eh' players, they've been crucial cogs in winning superbowls, and individually, they are really good players. 

The rest of the list you've stated' great draft pick', and it's actually pretty hard to nail as many of those as you've said. So really, you're showing BB is pretty decent at drafting. 

On the other hand, he does make some strange moves. He can't nail WR for his life, he can't seem to pick DBs in the 2nd round etc. 

But overall, that's A LOT of great draft picks for one GM. You've said it yourself, despite being too harsh as well. I also don't believe for 1 second you know anything about most of those players in the second part - but you seem to want to pass judgement willingly. Again, some of those were really solid players and represent the type of players you need for a strong spine of a team. GOOD drafting!

3 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Another brilliant move. Taking one of the best corners in the league from the Bills with money you then don't use on Malcolm Butler.

BTW, Hightower may be on his way to a Hall of Fame career.  If he falls short he's still going into the Patriots ring of honor .

• He was an A+ late 1st round pick.

As stated earlier, he made the best draft pick in NFL history in round 6 of 2000.

BB has done all this with the league stealing a pair of 1st round picks for a memo and science denial.

For DH personally, I don't know what more he has to do to be noticed or rated higher by people. The man was instrumental in ensuring TWO superbowl wins with his individual play. When he's out of the team our run D SUCKS, he's the leader, he calls the plays on-field, he's very versatile and one of the few players that can be off-the-ball and a pass rusher to a similar high standard.

How many other flashy LBs that everyone seems to love can or has done the above? I don't know whether it's because Hightower is quiet, or not fast or whatever, or because he does so well in post-season that people think he's mediocre in the reg season (not true ....he IS our run D).....pfft. Nevermind, he has the rings.

To be fair, BB's drafting has only been (at best) above average in recent years. His predilection for picking no-name DBs in the second round is viewed with semi-affection by Pats fans, but only because we kept winning anyway. A lot of wasted 2nd round potential there.

There's no denying the Pats missed draft picks have hurt them a lot - most especially their consistently bad WR drafts. BB is one of greatest coaches/GMs of all time, but his drafting is definitely his weakest feature, and taken on its own merits in isolation has never been anything but "good". 

• Like 1