5 good 5 bad

Johnny Nix

5 good

1. Defense was pretty dominate (albeit against the Browns) Burfict was everywhere. 

2. Kroft emerged and appeared to develop good chemistry

3. Quick passing offense was back and Dalton had a great day because of it. 

4. Gio continues to be electric with the ball in his hands. Starting to think he should be getting the lion share of opportunities. 

5. Got that first W

5 bad

1. Another rough start with the fumble. Against a good opponent that might have been a game changer. 

2. Didn't finish the shutout. I know it's nitpicking, but you let Kevin Hogan march down the field and score. 

3. Expected more sacks, but their offense wasn't on the field much 

4. Carl Lawson's front teeth

5. This forums activity today lol

10 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think more than a few have moved to draft mode.

I'm in permanent multiple kid mode.  I'm shocked I got to see the score update on my phone, forget about watching the game or getting to comment on it.  Grocery Shopping -> Baseball -> Lawn mowing -> Basketball -> Dinner -> Homerwork -> Children Clean -> Bedtime  That's about 10am-10pm.

11 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think more than a few have moved to draft mode.

I'm still here!  Sundays are just busy, and i'm not usually watching the game live.  So i'm avoiding spoilers by avoiding this place.  Probably bad of a mod to do, but hey, i'm not perfect.

Anywhere, here's mine.

Five up

1. Andy Dalton.  Rebounded in a big way.  That's what you have to do against bad teams.
  2. Tyler Kroft had a nice day.  If he does that a few more times, Eifert loses some negotiating power come spring.
  3. I thought Carl Lawson did a nice job against Joe Thomas.  Pushed him back multiple times, and almost had an inside rush several more times only for Thomas to hold/manhandle him or Kizer to manipulate the pocket well enough to get away.
  4. The timely blitzes were great yesterday.  LB's and CB's got to the QB really well.  Most of the day they just sent 4.
  5. Gio Bernard continues to be electric with the ball

Five down

1. WJIII struggled yesterday.  But he shows some promise, so i wouldn't give up on him.  He's all around the ball.  
  2. Reserved for obligatory Jake Fisher comment
  3. Reserved for obligatory Cedric Ogsucky comment
  4. Reserved for obligatory Russel Bodine comment
  5. Where has Carlos Dunlap been?

Some other thoughts. 

• The play calling has been good on offense. 
  • I don't understand why Jeremy Hill is still getting the ball.
  • I don't understand why Giovani Bernard is not getting the ball more.
  • The defensive line continues to impress me.  Particularly the younger guys.
  • The younger guys in general are performing well.  

Oh i forgot - i thought Dennard played well.  In fact, that's two good weeks in a row.  I think they're going to have to extend him, and play him.  Adam Jones have served this team well, but it's hard to see him sticking around when:

A) they're committed to Kirkpatrick

B) Dennard is playing well

C) WJIII shows a ton of promise, and i think will continue to look better as the year progresses assuming they keep playing him

1 minute ago, TheVillain112 said:

I thought he played well yesterday.  0 pressures and did decent in run blocking.  I'm all for making fun of our terrible OLine but I thought yesterday was Ced's best day...

To be honest, i just kind of assumed

45 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I thought he played well yesterday.  0 pressures and did decent in run blocking.  I'm all for making fun of our terrible OLine but I thought yesterday was Ced's best day...

If he plays well next week, then I'll  start praising him.

28 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I definitely agree there.  I hate to pile on the Browns, but that film shouldn't be used for any evaluation purposes, other than Carl Lawson.  That guy is a stud...

Agreed.  I was pretty impressed by the trouble he gave Joe.  Against other tackles he probably goes for 2-3 sacks.

Did anyone notice they had to chip Lawson a few times with the TE or RB?

26 minutes ago, theJ said:

Agreed.  I was pretty impressed by the trouble he gave Joe.  Against other tackles he probably goes for 2-3 sacks.

Did anyone notice they had to chip Lawson a few times with the TE or RB?

Really got to appreciate just how good Joe Thomas is.  There were a couple of times I thought Lawson had him but JT just stonewalled Lawson in his tracks. 

I did notice the extra help, Lawson was constantly being chipped by TEs and RBs, and also had the guard move over to help and RBs that stayed in to help.  It should open up more 1-on-1's for the rest of the guys on the DLine.  They need to come through now...

Archived