Fournette signing with the Bucs

Drained

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

That's fine, but I'm sure they could've gotten a 6th or 7th for him instead of just straight up releasing him.

Given they just worked the phones for Yan, I'm sure they asked around for a pick on Fournette and got nothing in return.

Sure, there is "former top 5 pick" upside to be had, but there are a lot of soft tissue and ankle injuries as well as "malcontent" issues (the on field fight a few years ago) that would scare off a team. He's a two down RB, doesn't really catch the ball much - market for that is dying quickly.

I'm sure there's a market for him, but not at his price tag...

While supply/demand is a real thing, so is negotiating from a place of weakness. Everyone knew that they didn't want him, and with his limited skillset out of the backfield and his salary, with his malcontent issues, it's not surprising that they couldn't shop him. Make no mistake, he's a starting RB in a downhill scheme, and I actually would love to see the Titans sign him and just kill people downhill with that Henry/Fournette combo, but trading for him wasn't going to happen.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given they just worked the phones for Yan, I'm sure they asked around for a pick on Fournette and got nothing in return.

Sure, there is "former top 5 pick" upside to be had, but there are a lot of soft tissue and ankle injuries as well as "malcontent" issues (the on field fight a few years ago) that would scare off a team. He's a two down RB, doesn't really catch the ball much - market for that is dying quickly.

He can catch the ball. He caught 70 passes last year.

He's just an old style running back with very little wiggle that also has vision issues at times and also isn't the "power" back you'd expect from a guy his size. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Sure, there is "former top 5 pick" upside to be had, but there are a lot of soft tissue and ankle injuries as well as "malcontent" issues (the on field fight a few years ago) that would scare off a team.

It was only a little over $4 mil.  A lot of back-ups get that much even. So doing it for one year shouldn't have been an issue.  Maybe every GM felt like no one else would bite so no one wanted to give up an asset to guarantee getting him on a 1 year flyer deal?

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Fournette caught 76 passes last year.

I'm sure they trade to trade him for peanuts but there were no takers

What bugs me about this is they didnt even prepare for this on the roster. Who is there? Armstead and Ozi plus a 3rd down injury-prone Thompson

Also, Marrone should've been fired last year so now you give him an even worse roster than he had in 2019 so the excuses for keeping him around are already there. How can you expect more than 6 wins with the way they have gutted the team

• Like 1

People saying a team could have got a pick after a player is cut just kills me everytime.

Like...you realize how valued picks are, right? You think instead of working the phones, which have been done since March, that a team would decid to not ask around prior to letting a guy go to try and get compensation back instead of nothing?

Like, what?....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm sure they trade to trade him for peanuts but there were no takers

What bugs me about this is they didnt even prepare for this on the roster. Who is there? Armstead and Ozi plus a 3rd down injury-prone Thompson

Also, Marrone should've been fired last year so now you give him an even worse roster than he had in 2019 so the excuses for keeping him around are already there. How can you expect more than 6 wins with the way they have gutted the team

They don't.  That's sort of the point

trevor-lawrence-clemson.jpg