Fournette signing with the Bucs

Drained

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'll likely get burned by being so desperate for a franchise/face of the franchise QB but I'm all aboard the Minshew train until there's a reason to jump off it.

There's a reason...

GettyImages-1196452233-775x465.jpg

There's a reason the Colts historically run the AFCS. They landed the 1998 version of Trevor Lawrence, then managed to get the 2012 version of Trevor Lawrence. Outside of those two, the Colts haven't really drafted or signed/traded well (Trent Richardson for a first? Something called a Bjorn?) None of that matters because the Colts had "the greatest QB prospect since John Elway in 1984" in two different eras.

Be very excited. Trevor Lawrence is a transformational type of player, someone who creates a new culture... simply by walking into the building.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

You'd really be that surprised if the Jags were picking first next year, even if Minshew plays at an averageish league level?

Yes. Because it just doesn't happen. Here's every team that's secured the #1 pick over the last 20 years.

qTKNATB.png

If the Jaguars get the #1 pick, it means Minshew flopped.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There's a reason...

GettyImages-1196452233-775x465.jpg

There's a reason the Colts historically run the AFCS. They landed the 1998 version of Trevor Lawrence, then managed to get the 2012 version of Trevor Lawrence. Outside of those two, the Colts haven't really drafted or signed/traded well (Trent Richardson for a first? Something called a Bjorn?) None of that matters because the Colts had "the greatest QB prospect since John Elway in 1984" in two different eras.

Be very excited. Trevor Lawrence is a transformational type of player, someone who creates a new culture... simply by walking into the building.

With how bad we have been in say the last 10 years, we have never been bad enough for the #1 pick. It’s the Jaguar way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

With how bad we have been in say the last 10 years, we have never been bad enough for the #1 pick. It’s the Jaguar way.

*Shrug*

... Justin Fields is good, too. I've heard good things about Trey Lance as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yes. Because it just doesn't happen. Here's every team that's secured the #1 pick over the last 20 years.

qTKNATB.png

If the Jaguars get the #1 pick, it means Minshew flopped.

I don't think people realize how hard it is to get the 1st overall pick.

If we get average/above average QB play then you aren't picking 1st overall. That's just not going to happen. Which is the type of play you need to see if he is going to have a chance to be viewed as "the guy".

No knock on the Minshew Fans and him being a fan favorite because of how he dresses and acts but is he really any good? I watched several of those games last year and he just didnt seem like anything special, maybe I am wrong. I just like the hype and excitement he will bring to an already down fanbase but the schedule they have is brutal. I can see Cincy, Dolphins, and Lions as possible wins every other game they are far more inferior based on paper. Browns can always be the browns and that can be 4 games max they win. If you look at any other team that could be looking at a roster as bad as this you have to think it is tough to beat out on how bad a team is looking right now. Colts, Texans, and Titans all have increased in talent or stayed intact from last year where the jags haven't really shown any improvement. They drafted a few key pieces but outside of that the roster has decreased in talent. I see this team competing against the lions or giants for the overall #1 pick. If Minshew even shines and they still manage to blow games because the lack of defense or something you still pull the trigger on Lawrence because there is a reason why he is the #1 prospect in the draft 

Edited by soflbillsfan

10 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

No knock on the Minshew Fans and him being a fan favorite because of how he dresses and acts but is he really any good? I watched several of those games last year and he just didnt seem like anything special, maybe I am wrong. I just like the hype and excitement he will bring to an already down fanbase but the schedule they have is brutal. I can see Cincy, Dolphins, and Lions as possible wins every other game they are far more inferior based on paper. Browns can always be the browns and that can be 4 games max they win. If you look at any other team that could be looking at a roster as bad as this you have to think it is tough to beat out on how bad a team is looking right now. Colts, Texans, and Titans all have increased in talent or stayed intact from last year where the jags haven't really shown any improvement. They drafted a few key pieces but outside of that the roster has decreased in talent. I see this team competing against the lions or giants for the overall #1 pick. If Minshew even shines and they still manage to blow games because the lack of defense or something you still pull the trigger on Lawrence because there is a reason why he is the #1 prospect in the draft 

He did throw for more touchdowns, yards with less picks than Josh Allen and Sam Darnold. And had a better QBR than Mayfield. 

18 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

He was by no means perfect last season. He showed way more than I expected out of a 6th round rookie though. To win 6 games in 12 starts, with the roster he had, is impressive.

The Texans and Saints made him play from the pocket and he looked like crap. When he is able to extend plays with his feet, he is dangerous.

I’m eager to see how he does in Gruden’s offense.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt