• Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Rockets in 4
    • Rockets in 5
    • Rockets in 6
    • Rockets in 7

34 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

i'll eat my new jordans and record the video on youtube if the lakers win in 4.

lakers couldn't sweep the blazers and all of a sudden they going to sweep the rockets?

It was a joke.... Also the Blazers were the hottest team in the bubble coming in with all the momentum. Hell, plenty predicted them to beat the Lakers. Are they better than the Rockets? No but they also are not some pushover.

This series will revolve around the shooting for Jeff Green and PJ Tucker. If those two guys are shooting 3s at a high clip, the lakers won’t be able to play McGee and Howard big minutes, which makes AD the center. Which works really well For the lakers, but drawing him out to the 3 point line will open up driving lanes for harden/Westbrook/Gordon and the lakers don’t have the quick defenders to stay in front. That’s the only way this becomes a series. 

if Tucker and Green can’t get the center away from the basket, we will be getting up 55 3s a game and would need to hit 20-25 a game just to keep up. We’ve already proven we can’t shoot our way into a series from 3 point range, in fact it almost cost us a series. 

we also need the lakers role players to miss shots. If Kuzma, KCP, Green and Caruso are hitting 40% from 3, it’s gonna be impossible to win because Lebron and AD will demand too much of our defense. 

when Howard and McGee are in the game, we have to force turnovers. We have been really good since microball started about making teams think they can just post us up repeatedly, and the ratings are not that good because we force turnovers. 

the bubble game doesn’t mean anything because Lebron and Westbrook/Gordon all missed it but it’s the blueprint for how we have to defend the big man line up. 

basically the rockets and Lakers are match up nightmares for each other, and it’s a matter of who can play their game the best and who can force the other team to adapt or pay the price. 

our trio of guards is gonna need to average 80 a night for us to get a win. Westbrook is gonna need to cut down turnovers and attack the basket every time he gets a shot. Harden needs to settle down and revert to non elimination game form. 

I called Lakers in 5, mainly because I think Lebron and AD are too much and Howard/McGee will keep us from going on big runs because they will soak up every rebound and get Easy buckets. 

Now I will say the rockets can survive an injury to Westbrook easier Than the lakers could survive an injury to AD or Lebron. 

keys to the game:

rockers shooting 36% and lakers shooting under 32% from 3 will equal a rockets win 

lakers rebounding edge of less than 15 and rockets have a good chance 

rockets need to commit half the turnovers as the lakers to win. 

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

i'll eat my new jordans and record the video on youtube if the lakers win in 4.

lakers couldn't sweep the blazers and all of a sudden they going to sweep the rockets?

Lakers margin of victory against Portland was 15, and the Blazers beat the Lakers by 7 in their lone win.  The Rockets margin of victory was 16 in wins, but the Thunder won by an average margin of 6.  With the exception of G7, the Rockets won by a pretty hefty margin.

9 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

when Howard and McGee are in the game, we have to force turnovers. We have been really good since microball started about making teams think they can just post us up repeatedly, and the ratings are not that good because we force turnovers. 

well you're off to a good start there