FF MLB Veterans League

playmaker8267

I don't know if this will generate emails but just a heads up. I am manually trading picks in order to make the draft order a normal draft style and not snake. If you see emails of these trades or me editing rosters please know that it is in regards to that process.

3 minutes ago, klyon7634 said:

Yessir Ive been just making some final decisions. Planned on finishing them up today. Do I just release all the guys I'm not keeping?

If you have time I would but I think after tomorrow they will automatically drop. Thats why the deadline is so important.

On 3/7/2018 at 9:09 AM, crab1106 said:

Yes and it will not be snake.

Wait, huh? We're not doing a snake draft? To what, outweigh ten keepers in a twelve team league? I don't remember us doing that last year.

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We're 10 team, and I can't remember

@crab1106 thoughts ?

I had look back ans found we did not snake last year and it seems to be the standard on FF not to snake in years after the 1st year or resets. When I was comparing teams I felt the best way to keep competetive and not have to reset in the next few years was to continue to do the draft this way. A team like my own doesnt need to be getting two of its keepers I had to drop back. 

5 hours ago, crab1106 said:

I had look back ans found we did not snake last year and it seems to be the standard on FF not to snake in years after the 1st year or resets. When I was comparing teams I felt the best way to keep competetive and not have to reset in the next few years was to continue to do the draft this way. A team like my own doesnt need to be getting two of its keepers I had to drop back. 

Ok, I agree.. No need to snake this draft. Seems to be the general consent in these drafts and I want to keep parody and keep everyone active 

On 3/11/2018 at 4:07 AM, crab1106 said:

This is not true. That's how keepers work on ESPN. Any keeper slot is just listed 1-10 so that if someone doesn't keep the full # of guys they get the same pick every keeper round. I double checked and we DID do a snake draft last year. I think no snake might be the "FF standard" because most of the leagues that post on here are true dynasty leagues, with 20+ keepers, salary caps, and sometimes even minor league systems. Keepers leagues are SUPPOSED to reward long term thinking, you're not supposed to penalize people for putting in effort.

Here's my biggest issue. This punishes people who stayed active to the end last year. Me and the other guy who were racing for the title at the end would've stayed active no matter what, so us being last makes sense (maybe, I don't think so, but I get it at least), but this punishes someone who stayed active when they could've just started ignoring the league and maybe went from say, 8th to 4th, because everyone else stopped checking their lineups. That guy now gets treated like he has a better team, when really he just paid attention and put effort in.

I gotta be honest, I don't care much about this specifically and I'll probably stay in the league for this year regardless, but I'm tired of stuff getting changed around with little, if any, notice. Last year we switched categories without anyone being consulted, now we are changing around the draft order and once again no one was consulted until the change had already been made. I'm just a little tired of the lack of communication before changes that, while not huge, definitely have a significant impact on the league as a whole.

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

This is not true. That's how keepers work on ESPN. Any keeper slot is just listed 1-10 so that if someone doesn't keep the full # of guys they get the same pick every keeper round. I double checked and we DID do a snake draft last year. I think no snake might be the "FF standard" because most of the leagues that post on here are true dynasty leagues, with 20+ keepers, salary caps, and sometimes even minor league systems. Keepers leagues are SUPPOSED to reward long term thinking, you're not supposed to penalize people for putting in effort.

Here's my biggest issue. This punishes people who stayed active to the end last year. Me and the other guy who were racing for the title at the end would've stayed active no matter what, so us being last makes sense (maybe, I don't think so, but I get it at least), but this punishes someone who stayed active when they could've just started ignoring the league and maybe went from say, 8th to 4th, because everyone else stopped checking their lineups. That guy now gets treated like he has a better team, when really he just paid attention and put effort in.

I gotta be honest, I don't care much about this specifically and I'll probably stay in the league for this year regardless, but I'm tired of stuff getting changed around with little, if any, notice. Last year we switched categories without anyone being consulted, now we are changing around the draft order and once again no one was consulted until the change had already been made. I'm just a little tired of the lack of communication before changes that, while not huge, definitely have a significant impact on the league as a whole.

I apologize, when I went back I thought it confirmed no snake but I didn't scroll past the 6 keepers. Otherwise I would have made an effort to have a vote. One issue we are having is the response time of some owners so we are discouraged to take a vote on smaller stuff that seems obvious. In that case, keeping the same draft would have been straight forward.   Also, the FF Keeper leagues I was referring to that also draft this style are 6, 12 and 16 respectively. I feel that not snaking really effects the worst and best teams. The middle picks basically pick every 12 anyway. I won the league last year and felt I was sacrificing for the sake of the league for bringing up not snaking so that's on me. 

Anyone else have any feedback? @I_GET_SAX @klyon7634 @playmaker8267 @zelbell @malibuspeedrace @biggio7 @devils1854

39 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

One issue we are having is the response time of some owners so we are discouraged to take a vote on smaller stuff that seems obvious. In that case, keeping the same draft would have been straight forward.

Yeah, that makes sense. And I'm really okay not snaking it, like I said, you and I were pretty clearly the best rosters last year by a shot, so we can afford the handicap. My only concern on this question is just if there was a middle of the pack team who was getting messed up by it.

I wonder if there is a chat app we could use that would make responses easier/faster? Does everyone have Slack or Discord or something like that? 

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, that makes sense. And I'm really okay not snaking it, like I said, you and I were pretty clearly the best rosters last year by a shot, so we can afford the handicap. My only concern on this question is just if there was a middle of the pack team who was getting messed up by it.

I wonder if there is a chat app we could use that would make responses easier/faster? Does everyone have Slack or Discord or something like that? 

Im down to sign up for something like that if it's easier communication. 

Archived