Week 1: Packers (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

15 hours ago, swede700 said:

I can give one thing to Aaron...he picks better women than Cutler (just saw Cutler's latest "choice" on Twitter).  He may not be able to keep them, since he's such a whiner, but he certainly picks better ones.  😅

his picks are all very high quality. and then they eventually dump him.

which perhaps even intensifies their quality.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, KFP7 said:

this is a very good point.....not sure what I was thinking

Well, hating the Packers during football season is one thing, but hating them all the time, is just not me.  Some people I love are fans of the Packers, including my oldest sister who lives in Appleton, WI...and my son...my greatest failing as a parent!  But, as my father was a Bears fan, and I rebelled as a Vikings fan, he rebelled and is a Packers fan.  I keep telling him that when he has a son, he destined to be a Lions fan.

I do have a year round hatred of the Cowboys however!  They aren't America's team...they are spawns of Satan!

Edited by Guest

Rick Wagner has an elbow injury and Billy Turner's dealing with a knee problem. If they can't go, RT will be either their 3rd string (Alex Light) or a guard moving outside like Elgton Jenkins. Also an outside chance they bring back Jared Veldheer, who held up at RT vs the Seahawks in the playoffs.  

Edited by Krauser
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Hopefully the new guy can feast 

Edit: nevermind that's hunter's dude isn't it.  He should be licking his chops

Not sure Hunter will be back in time. He still isn’t practicing. Would likely mean Odenigbo starts and one of the depth DEs (Holmes, Yarbrough, Wonnum) plays at least 20 snaps.

Armon Watts was out today too, which would require Mata’afa or Lynch to play a rotational early down role as a DT3.

Could be a preseason-y game — lots of new faces.

11 hours ago, Krauser said:

Not sure Hunter will be back in time. He still isn’t practicing. Would likely mean Odenigbo starts and one of the depth DEs (Holmes, Yarbrough, Wonnum) plays at least 20 snaps.

Armon Watts was out today too, which would require Mata’afa or Lynch to play a rotational early down role as a DT3.

Could be a preseason-y game — lots of new faces.

Shoot I keep forgetting that hunter isn't practicing. 

I think the Packers should play Love some to really give it that preseason vibe

• Like 1

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer has been coy about defensive end Danielle Hunter‘s health throughout camp. Six days from the first Sunday of the season, Zimmer is still not saying anything definitive.

Asked by reporters whether Hunter will play on Sunday against the Packers, Zimmer said, “Yeah, I expect so. We’ll just have to see.”

The first real clue will come Wednesday, when the Vikings issue their first practice report of the season. They’ll have to disclose whether Hunter is injured, the body part that is injured, and whether he practiced in full, on a limited basis, or not at all.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/07/mike-zimmer-on-danielle-hunter-playing-this-week-well-just-have-to-see/

40 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

One week from today we're going to be drinking out of celebration after a Vikings W or drinking out of frustration after a Vikings L.

Celebration drinking is a lot more fun.....

Green Bay usually starts off slow, but then we are relying on a lot of young guys this year.

Also this:

Kubiak better be ready.

• Like 1