Jump to content

Week 1: Packers (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)


swede700
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, RpMc said:

These are the overreactions I missed about these threads.

Never as bad as you think it is, never as good.

We just gave up 525 yards and 43 points.... at home.

That's WORSE than anyone would think it is....

Did you not watch the game?

NOBODY thought it would be this bad yet here we are....

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

It is pretty bad my friend

Again, I'm not sure what you all expected with a bunch of defensive players seeing their first meaningful snaps?

Yarbrough and Holmes played a huge chunk of the game, first real heavy action for Jaleel Johnson, Cam Dantzler, and Holton Hill, and even Mike Hughes given his injuries.

Playing against an NFC Championship team from a year ago, in the second year of their scheme with no preseason?  This was more or less what I was expecting, the offense giving up a safety and throwing a pick that led to seven points before the second half put the defense in a terrible spot as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

These are the overreactions I missed about these threads.

Never as bad as you think it is, never as good.

In all honesty, what have you seen that makes us look like a top team? Our oline struggles emphatically, we literally have one good receiver as the guy we thought would contribute immediately lost out to Bisi Johnson. Our DLine in the middle as far as run stopping and pass rush is nonexistent, and our cornerbacks practice social distancing in the nfl. This can really go down as a terrible season this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

We just gave up 525 yards and 43 points.... at home.

That's WORSE than anyone would think it is....

Did you not watch the game?

NOBODY thought it would be this bad yet here we are....

At home with no fans and no home field advantage you mean? Home field means nothing right now in the stadiums without fans.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Illadelegend215 said:

In all honesty, what have you seen that makes us look like a top team? Our oline struggles emphatically, we literally have one good receiver as the guy we thought would contribute immediately lost out to Bisi Johnson. Our DLine in the middle as far as run stopping and pass rush is nonexistent, and our cornerbacks practice social distancing in the nfl. This can really go down as a terrible season this year.

Did I say we were a top team team?  I expected this team to take a step back with the sheer number of snaps we had to replace, especially early in the season and without Danielle Hunter.

Our offensive line was more than adequate today.  Cousins had lanes to step up, move, and throw that were non-existent last year and we were able to run the ball pretty well, including on the goal-line.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...