Week 1: Packers (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

We can all be disgusted about the way our team played, and maybe rightfully so, but you also have to give credit to Green Bay for coming into our (albeit empty) house and playing well enough to win.  It sounds like they were the more experienced, better team today.  Like I've been saying, this is probably going to be a cross between a rebuilding and a retooling season for us.  6-8 wins max has been my prediction and I'm sticking with it.  At least football is back.

The sad thing is that while our defense is younger, our coaching staff is MUCH more experienced than GBs and they took us to school.

• Like 1

Secondary is young and wasn't aided by any pass rush, this was gonna be a tough out no matter what

It's frustrating that the Vikings never seem to play complementary football; Cousin has a pretty solid game today (one mistake in the INT, but solid overall) and the defense can't muster more than a couple real stops. Last year the Vikings defense plays out of their mind against the Packers twice and Cousins has two of the worst games of his career. The O-Line couldn't block anyone besides Kenny Clark's backup in any of those games.

I'm not giving up on a team that I always thought was a year away from contending, but the concerning thing is the defense played that poor without Danielle Hunter and we don't know when he'll be back.

12 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Again, I'm not sure what you all expected with a bunch of defensive players seeing their first meaningful snaps?

Yarbrough and Holmes played a huge chunk of the game, first real heavy action for Jaleel Johnson, Cam Dantzler, and Holton Hill, and even Mike Hughes given his injuries.

Playing against an NFC Championship team from a year ago, in the second year of their scheme with no preseason?  This was more or less what I was expecting, the offense giving up a safety and throwing a pick that led to seven points before the second half put the defense in a terrible spot as well.

Some valid point. I guess I expected more seeing as it was a division rival. We usually play GB a lot closer

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

Some valid point. I guess I expected more seeing as it was a division rival. We usually play GB a lot closer

We definitely do, and I'm not even saying those of you saying we are in for a long season are wrong; I'm just saying that the deck was stacked in a way that made this outcome very possible today.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Well at least we know for sure he needs to be replaced in the off season/draft.

We've known that for a few years lol 

I swear the guy witnessed Zim and Rick murder someone and has kept his job solely as a result of that and not his play cause he gets ABUSED by power rushers. 

Edited by Frank Costello
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

The sad thing is that while our defense is younger, our coaching staff is MUCH more experienced than GBs and they took us to school.

Packers defense is no slouch and has been one of the leagues better defenses recently. Saying they took us to school isn’t a testament to how bad we are, it just shows how good they are. Their pass rush is no joke, and their run defense is one of the best. I think this game just showed us that the Pack are for real. We don’t suck, we just got beat by one for the best teams and QBs in the league. I think game 2 against them this year will have a much different outcome. 

1 minute ago, Frank Costello said:

We've known that for a few years lol 

I swear the guy witness Zim and Rick murder someone and has kept his job solely as a result of that and not his play cause he gets ABUSED by power rushers. 

I thought they moved him back to his natural position this year and was hoping that might help.  He's just a trainwreck either way, apparently.