Week 1: Packers (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

7 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

IR is different this year. Can put him on IR and have him back after three weeks.

I had not heard that...but, then even I imagine they would have done that if it was of any significance.  That means he's likely only going to miss this game, if he even does that.  I recall when the whole Sharrif Floyd thing got strung out week after week, but I can't believe it would be like that.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, scratch that last post then.  It appears to be a neck injury.

Sorry about that. I wasn't clear enough in my post that Hunter was going on the IR. I thought you already knew and were wondering why they didn't put him on PUP so I was only mentioning that IR would only be three weeks.

4 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Sorry about that. I wasn't clear enough in my post that Hunter was going on the IR. I thought you already knew and were wondering why they didn't put him on PUP so I was only mentioning that IR would only be three weeks.

I completely missed that change to the IR rules for this year.  😉

I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with me, but I cannot remember ever being less excited for a football season!  Maybe it's the whole COVID thing.  Anyone else kind of feeling "meh" about football right now?

38 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with me, but I cannot remember ever being less excited for a football season!  Maybe it's the whole COVID thing.  Anyone else kind of feeling "meh" about football right now?

I'm certainly not as amped up and it is probably because of the weird offseason...not to mention everything else that is going on.  Football has become somewhat secondary, although it's still needed for me to retain some sense of sanity.      

39 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Nah, I am excited for the season to start. I am looking forward to watching a football game this evening. My expectations for the Vikings W/L record this season are fairly low but I am excited to see what the team has to build around for the future. I want to see if either Cleveland or Samia has what it takes to pass Dozier and Elflein or whether the team needs to bring in two new starting guards before the '21 season. I am excited to see whether Bradbury takes a step forward? If he is going to be a bust the team needs to know that. I am hopeful to see Hunter and Ngakoue play together. It will be fun watching both of them. The Vikings safeties are outstanding and we'll get to see if the team has anything at CB. The season should be fun.

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

You're just not a true football fan!

Go watch futbol!

This has been a strange off-season and without any pre-season games, it just feels so odd but I'm very excited

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

TBH that's what happened to me after the NBA came back from the bubble. I just did not care anymore. The NFL though is a whole different animal. I'm extremely excited. 

On 9/9/2020 at 4:29 PM, Cearbhall said:

I think your memory is very bad. I don't remember a single person here thinking Diggs was a number 2, let alone more people than thought he was the 1A.

Nah, you must have the bad memory of you think a majority of the people here thought diggs was 1A. That is the definition of revisionist history. I still remember during the game thread vs the lions we had this debate and majority said thielen > diggs. Heck the team thought so too because they traded him instead of thielen. 

1 hour ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Nah, you must have the bad memory of you think a majority of the people here thought diggs was 1A. That is the definition of revisionist history. I still remember during the game thread vs the lions we had this debate and majority said thielen > diggs. Heck the team thought so too because they traded him instead of thielen. 

I am not sure if you are a troll or just can't read. You said that more people thought Diggs was a 2. Now you are moving the bar to say people didn't think he was 1A. From what I recall, there were a fair number of people on both sides of which was 1A and which was 1B.

Here is what was actually said:

On 9/9/2020 at 7:29 AM, Illadelegend215 said:

I’ll put it this way. Diggs was viewed here as a complimentary #2.

Push back: nope it was a debate of 1A versus 1B.

Response:

On 9/9/2020 at 2:38 PM, Illadelegend215 said:

I thought diggs was 1A for sure, but I noticed more ppl here thought diggs was just a number 2 receiver.

Push back: nope more people didn't think he was a number 2, possibly not a single person thought that. You were just reminded that the debate was 1A vs 1B. My conclusion: you have a bad memory.

Your response moves the target to whether more people thought he was 1B. This is not the argument you were making. You argument now lacks integrity. My conclusion: You are trolling. Alternative conclusion: You can't read. Not certain which, so that is reader's choice.

Either way, it is not a debate for the game day thread, other than discussion on how we think the Vikings offense will be changed with just one number 1 WR. We did see that too much last year so we have some ideas but it is a new year and the team had since the trade to plan for it. How will the Packers defend Thielen now? How will the Vikings answer?

• Like 1