Week 1: Packers (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

49 minutes ago, Krauser said:

More to the point, I don’t think they’ll have Udoh active ahead of Hill because Hill can back up either side. Even if they might consider O’Neill as a longterm starter at LT, they won’t want him switching sides in the middle of a game. 

I guess they might activate both of the backup tackles since there’s some value in having 8 active OL, but I’d guess Samia, Cleveland, Hill if they’re dressing 3 backups (and Jones isn’t added to the roster, which he wasn’t). 

That's a solid point about Hill being able to backup both. That is enough to convince me it would be Hill active over Udoh. The following point though makes me think that they both may be active. I am hesitant with either Samia or Cleveland. I mostly listed them as active because I dislike the starters and hope to see what the backups can do. Since neither of the backups have shown anything though it makes sense to only activate one of them. Since there is no reason not to activate an 8th lineman if the team has seven active perhaps they go with both tackles and pick one of Samia and Cleveland.

After more discussion, I am again changing my game day roster. I picked Samia over Cleveland this time only because his extra year on the team. It would be a bad sign for him if he is still inactive with the rookie passing him up already.

QB(2): Cousins, Mannion
OL(8): Reiff, Dozier, Bradbury, Elflein, O'Neill, Hill, Samia, Udoh
WR(4): Thielen, Johnson, Jefferson, Beebe
TE(3): Rudolph, Smith, Conklin
RB(3): Cook, Mattison, Abdullah
FB(1): Ham

DE(4): Ngakoue, Odenigbo, Yarbrough, Holmes
DT(4): Stepehn, Johnson, Watts, Mata'afa
CB(6): Hughes, Hill, Hand, Gladney, Dantzler, Boyd
S(3):  Smith, Harris, Meadors
LB(5): Barr, Kendricks, Wilson, Dye, Nickerson

ST(5): Bailey, Chisena, Colquitt, Cutting, Osborn

I would bet I have at least 40 of these names right ;) 

8 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I’m sure booing had more to do with the fact that most turn to sports to get away from life and don’t need to be reminded of what’s going on in the world at every moment. At the end of the day, entertain me. If you can’t, I’ll find something else to do on my weekends, and many others will as well. Hey, I did buy a 20 acre farmstead so believe me, I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me where that void can be quickly filled. For the fans that bought tickets to watch football, and I’m sure they aren’t cheap with a 17k capacity, it might be a bit frustrating to have to deal with these displays that at the end of the day, are fairly meaningless.

Very cool that the Vikes will be honoring Floyd’s family at the stadium. That’s a great way to go about getting justice for Floyd. Watching millionaire athletes virtue signal, not so much. 

Wow, this is an awful post, congratulations.

It must have been terribly frustrating for those fans to have to witness a literal moment of unity in support of black people being killed less. Terribly frustrating.

• Like 1

Cant watch the game so I'll be going to the forums to see how we do. Interested in seeing how the Oline holds up against the Smith brothers and who starts where along the line. Also interested in seeing how our secondary does and seeing how Gladney and Dantzler hold up in their first NFL action. Also excited to see how JJ holds up and see if he can get some sort of separation. Basically to sum it up I wish I was watching the game but look forward to your guys and gals posts. Happy football

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, rrgm said:

we are here for football.

GOOD TO BE BACK FELLAS

skol, brothers.

i don't have much enthusiasm for the NFL this year, just too many other real world situations going on. but i certainly understand anyone who copes with those problems with the diversion pro sports provides.

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

skol, brothers.

i don't have much enthusiasm for the NFL this year, just too many other real world situations going on. but i certainly understand anyone who copes with those problems with the diversion pro sports provides.

Obv IMO but I feel like people would be a little more excited if we had a preseason this year.