Week 1: Packers (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Zero. He’s inactive

This team has completely botched the guard situation again... there was a sham competition in camp between Collins and Dozier. Dennison thought he could finally coach up a journeyman lineman and was going to give Dozier the job no matter what. This is evident since Collins didn't even make the team. Plus, we cut our best guard from last year in Josh Kline. You just hand Elflein the starting guard job after one of the worst seasons I've ever seen from a guard. You draft Cleveland to play guard (for now, anyway), who has not played guard at any level of football ever. While at the same time, you have Osemele playing at an all-pro level again with the Chiefs, who we could have easily have signed. Maybe we didn't because of his injury. So what about his injury? The dude signed a 1 year, 2 million dollar contract. That's veteran minimum territory.

Okay, I am off my soapbox. Lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Is he? Thanks for the info. Didn’t get a chance to look at actives and Inactives as I’m at work right now. Any specific reason why that you know of? 

He’s a position specific backup at this point and everyone in the line is heathy. 

They listed Cleveland as a tackle on the inactives list ("T - Ezra Cleveland"). So maybe they're giving up on the move to guard already.

That would leave Samia as the only backup IOL on the roster. 

Beebe is inactive, so he didn't crack the top 4 WR rotation, and Osborn beat him out as the returner. Also suggests Jefferson will mostly play in the slot (since Sharpe will likely rotate in as an outside WR, as opposed to Beebe who'd be a slot option).

I don't see why Beebe is on the roster instead of some additional IOL depth like Collins or Jones.

I hate to be one of those typically negative Minnesota fans, especially on opening day when we are playing the Packers, but I think I have to forecast a loss today.  I just think our defense is too depleted with the inexperience in the backfield and the loss of our two best defensive linemen.  Hopefully, the offense can take up some of the slack.  I don't think they will be able to do enough though. 

15 minutes ago, Krauser said:

They listed Cleveland as a tackle on the inactives list ("T - Ezra Cleveland"). So maybe they're giving up on the move to guard already.

That would leave Samia as the only backup IOL on the roster. 

Beebe is inactive, so he didn't crack the top 4 WR rotation, and Osborn beat him out as the returner. Also suggests Jefferson will mostly play in the slot (since Sharpe will likely rotate in as an outside WR, as opposed to Beebe who'd be a slot option).

I don't see why Beebe is on the roster instead of some additional IOL depth like Collins or Jones.

If they are moving him back to tackle they should really try Udoh at guard if they haven't already

24 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

If they are moving him back to tackle they should really try Udoh at guard if they haven't already

I wouldn't put too much into what he is listed as on the roster. He has been listed as a T every time I hvae looked at the roster, which means just after the cut to 53 and early in training camp. If they ever listed him as guard between that I missed it. Where he is practicing is more telling IMO.