Dolphins fielding offers for QB Josh Rosen

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Goff was an absolute stud from his 8th start onward

Yep, no doubt. That also coincided with hiring a new, competent, offensively gifted head coach, adding Robert woods, Sammy Watkins, stud tackle in whitworth, a new starting center in Sullivan, and drafting Kupp. Gurley also went gonzo, but that could be viewed more in symbiosis. 

But I've said it before: most starting quarterbacks are subject to their circumstance and situation. Does Goff get significantly better if none of the other improvements take place? I dunno. But I won't rule out those kind of improvements helping Rosen. 

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Smith showed real improvement in year 2 going from 1 TD and 11 picks to 16 TDs and 16 picks

Then regressed badly in year three before getting hurt. His progression certainly wasn't linear. I get that your concern is likely just  that Rosen showed no progression from year one to year two, and that's valid, but the situation didn't much improve either. Smith did in year two, but was maybe even worse his rookie season. 

I don't think anyone thinks that Rosen will suddenly become fantastic, or that there's a high degree of likelihood that he will even become competent. He likely is more Brady Quinn than either of Goff or Smith. But will I completely rule out he could be something? Not yet. At the price of a 6 or 7, or flip of late picks, and two years at sub 1m salary, I'd be willing to see if some stability and an improved situation can get anything out of him. 

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

Believe he was actually 7 for his first 7. Jimmy Raye technically started two straight, but got canned midway through the second year. I don't believe it was until Harbaugh had Greg Roman in 11 and 12 that he had the same coordinator for two straight years. 

05 - Mike mccarthy

06 - norv Turner

07 - Jim hostler

08 - Mike martz

09 - Jimmy Raye

10 - Jimmy Raye & Mike Johnson

11 - Greg Roman

It’s amazing that he had any success under those circumstances. 

• Like 2

Funny thing how Alex Smith is respected for that and this guy is often crushed. This QB is a bum to some true clowns:

• 2012 Marty Mornhinweg
    • 5 starts as a rookie on a 4-12 MASH unit squad that got a HoF coach fired.
  • 2013 Pat Shurmur 
    • 3rd highest passer rating in NFL history 8-2 + a long relief win
    • walked off the field in the playoffs with a lead before the D let the Saints grind them into paste for the winning FG
  • 2014 Pat Shurmur
    • 6-2 running for his life before Mercilus broke his collarbone
      • He played almost 50/50 snaps with Sanchez 
        • Foles took 9 sacks while Sanchez took 23 and went 4-4
  • 2015 Rob Boras (fired December 7th)
    • faced 8 playoff teams in 11 starts
  • 2015 Part 2: Frank Cignetti
    • he was the backup at that point but hes still going through practice and learning
  • 2016 Brad Childress
    • Was relied on for 2 games, the Chiefs won both and made the playoffs
  • 2017 Frank Reich
    • Super Bowl MVP
  • 2018 Mike Groh
    • rescued a season and won a playoff game
    • He had his team in the Red Zone going for the lead when Alshon skipped the ball to the Saints
  • 2019 John DeFillipo
    • Collarbone injury in Q1 of Week 1
    • He played kinda like Rodgers does after a collarbone injury

Edited by SkippyX