MWil23

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• The Browns
    • The Ravens
    • Hornby
    • Covid 19
    • Harry Stamper is going to land on an asteroid and save us from total destruction

Well gentlemen (or ladies who have somehow stumbled onto this website, probably wondering why their husbands are on here so frequently), it's our second favorite time of year (second only to the off-season!) again, and might I say, the future has never been brighter!

screen-shot-2020-03-24-at-12-47-07-pm.pn

Don't worry, we have nowhere to go but up, after what most have considered a very discouraging last six months. If you don't believe me, just look at the highlights from our 2020 Training Camp!

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-grant-delpit-out-for-season-torn-achilles-lsu-nfl-023356779.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2020/08/18/nick-chubb-concussion-protocol-cleveland-browns-training-camp/5602647002/

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2043167982514/browns-linebacker-reportedly-carted-off-the-field

Huh, well, that's okay guys! Even though he had a really rough 2019, at least Baker never wavered in himself, because that's probably the most valuable and transferable measure in all of life and sports...confidence!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/browns/2020/08/14/baker-mayfield-cleveland-browns-lost-myself-quarterback/5585987002/

Oh...tough crowd.

AcclaimedUntimelyGibbon-size_restricted.

Guys, that was not meant to be political in any way, shape or form, as we are not allowed to talk about politics on this site. This is a funny gif of a historical figure, who just so happens to be a former President, kicking in a door out of feigned frustration.

Now, to the game's analysis:

Key Matchups:

1. Lamar Jackson, reigning MVP, with a chip on his shoulder because no one believes in him, with virtually no off-season for opponents to prepare for him, vs. our linebackers and secondary, anchored by...*Checks Notes* Sione Takitaki, Tae Davis, and Jacob Phillips. It's truly difficult to predict the outcome of this monstrosity of a running game against the Schobert-less defense, fresh off of a 30th ranked rush defense in 2019. 

2. Baker Mayfield vs. himself

3fkviz.jpg

In all seriousness, Baker in a revamped scheme, with Pro Bowlers everywhere on offense can't possibly perform worse.

3. The opening game of the season vs. 1-19-1 in opening games, 13 consecutive losses

NaughtyRegalHartebeest-size_restricted.g

Yes, you read that correctly. Our last opening win was before the LAST recession and housing bubble.

Well guys, the good news is, despite this being a very frustrating year, difficult opening game, and what's likely to be a, *Checks Notes* 13th consecutive losing season, we have our National Title contending Buckeyes, led by Heisman hopeful and All American, probable future Top 2 pick Justin Fields to watch on Saturdays this fall!

maxresdefault.jpg

tenor.gif

Okay, here are the details:

WHEN: Sunday, September 13

TIME: 1:00. GREAT NEWS though! This year, with college football limping along at less than 1/2 speed, the NFL has partnered with CBS, Fox, ESPN, NBC, TNT, TBS, and FS1, ensuring you around the clock football starting at 12:00 noon on Saturday through Monday night each weekend, free from blackouts and competitive games without market and/or location restrictions, ensuring you get to watch as much football as possible, without getting gouged by a $1,200 annual DirecTV package, and another $250 Sunday Ticket fee!!!!!!

200.gif

Just kidding! The game will be on CBS. If you live in SW Ohio, you have a 50/50 chance of Fox getting 2 out of the 3 games (1:00, 1:00, 4:30), meaning that you'll be stuck watching the Bengals instead!

01d917_d7fefa418b154edaa8145fb4bc044637~

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 4

I don't care how they do it or by how much, but I can't express the level in which I want the Browns to beat the Ravens.  Of all the teams on this planet, there is none that I despise more then the Ravens.  Baltimore sold their souls to the devil by stealing the Browns and have reaped the rewards ever since.  May the Ravens never go to another Super Bowl for the rest of eternity. 

Peace!!!

• Like 3

What I want to see. 

Some good drives from the offense. In all 4 quarters. 

Chemistry between Baker and Obj. 6 catches for 70-80 yards isn't a bad start for the year. 

Baker hit more than 60%of his passes. 

Run defense that is not swiss cheese. 

A plan for lamar jackson. 

A 2and half that isn't the first half but worse. Adjust, adapt, overcome.

I give us a 10%chance of working. They got to practice all of last year for this game. We had a shortened training camp and no pre season.

12 hours ago, cortes02 said:

I don't care how they do it or by how much, but I can't express the level in which I want the Browns to beat the Ravens.  Of all the teams on this planet, there is none that I despise more then the Ravens.  Baltimore sold their souls to the devil by stealing the Browns and have reaped the rewards ever since.  May the Ravens never go to another Super Bowl for the rest of eternity. 

Peace!!!

Ravens fan here. I don't fully understand Browns' fans hatred of the Ravens for 'stealing their team'. You missed out on 3 seasons of football (all losing seasons), got out of the ownership that you didn't like all while keeping your name, records, etc. I would take that deal for the Orioles to get rid of Angelos in a heartbeat. Pose that scenario to Washington Football Team fans to get out from Snyder. Likely plenty of other fans of teams with bad ownership would take that as well.

Anyway, looking forward to football starting and will be fun to go against the Browns to start the season. I have this feeling/concern your offense is really going to click this season and all the hype from 2019 will come through in 2020. Good luck!

• Like 2