Browns acquire Ronnie Harrison

MWil23

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I would have liked to have kept him, but I dunno if I would have paid what the jags did.  Especially if he wanted maximum cash in hand as Florida has no state tax.

I'll let you know after the season plays out and what exactly our scheme is. I can't imagine that we have anyone close/a combination of LB's close to the production that Slowbert was able to have here, but I'm also an apologist of him. 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I would have liked to have kept him, but I dunno if I would have paid what the jags did.  Especially if he wanted maximum cash in hand as Florida has no state tax.

Well he wanted to negotiate last off season, last preseason and early last season but the Browns didn't want to. Then they threw out a number at the combine, not in a contract, that suggested they had no interest in resigning him. He clearly stated several times, even after signing elsewhere that he wanted to resign in Cleveland so I think we could have had him for less than any other team but we didn't have the interest for whatever reason. Maybe we know what we are doing, have a guy ready or just don't value the position.

40 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well he wanted to negotiate last off season, last preseason and early last season but the Browns didn't want to. Then they threw out a number at the combine, not in a contract, that suggested they had no interest in resigning him. He clearly stated several times, even after signing elsewhere that he wanted to resign in Cleveland so I think we could have had him for less than any other team but we didn't have the interest for whatever reason. Maybe we know what we are doing, have a guy ready or just don't value the position.

I mean, there are teams other than the Browns and Jags.

If winning was important, I’m not sure those are two franchises I’d look at.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, there are teams other than the Browns and Jags.

If winning was important, I’m not sure those are two franchises I’d look at.

Well going to a stacked team just to ride coattails to say you're a winner doesn't really make you a winner. It doesn't make you a loser but it's like having your option to play 1v1 against Lebron or a 7 year old. You know you'll beat the 7 year old but there won't be much satisfaction. If you lose to Lebron 10-2 you'll have some good memories from that and a proud moment or two.

If you happen to win that will certainly mean a lot more to you. I know that is an extreme comparison but I'd always prefer the challenge to the easy road when it comes to sports. I don't want to be in a completely hopeless situation but I would enjoy playing hard to make a little of a difference for some team. More than joining the big bad wolf and just being a flea on his back as he takes down another little red riding hood.

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well going to a stacked team just to ride coattails to say you're a winner doesn't really make you a winner. It doesn't make you a loser but it's like having your option to play 1v1 against Lebron or a 7 year old. You know you'll beat the 7 year old but there won't be much satisfaction. If you lose to Lebron 10-2 you'll have some good memories from that and a proud moment or two.

If you happen to win that will certainly mean a lot more to you. I know that is an extreme comparison but I'd always prefer the challenge to the easy road when it comes to sports. I don't want to be in a completely hopeless situation but I would enjoy playing hard to make a little of a difference for some team. More than joining the big bad wolf and just being a flea on his back as he takes down another little red riding hood.

Im just saying I don’t feel bad for Schobert because they’re gonna suck. He wanted paid, went to a terrible team and got paid.

I’m not sure what that has to do with fleas and wolves and 7 year olds and LeBron, but ok.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Im just saying I don’t feel bad for Schobert because they’re gonna suck. He wanted paid, went to a terrible team and got paid.

I’m not sure what that has to do with fleas and wolves and 7 year olds and LeBron, but ok.

Actually he wanted to be a Brown. We weren't interested in even trying to resign him. You're making it sound like he bailed to go get paid. He bailed because we weren't interested. Yes he got paid but that had nothing to do with why he wasn't resigned... well unless he would have played for an insulting amount but he showed interest and the Browns didn't so he moved on.

“It came down to a couple of teams,” Schobert said. “Coach [Doug] Marrone and GM Dave Caldwell wanted me to join the team. They preached a message to me about bringing in good football guys, good character guys, to set a right way in the locker room — leading and speaking. [Also] for me especially to get to play with a guy like Myles Jack another linebacker. Be the MIKE linebacker, take over the defense, do the things I do well, setting the defense, diagnosing plays, calling things for other people to get set and letting Myles go play football and be the animal he is.”

He also liked the aspect of being a guy who could change their locker room culture by being himself, something he learned during his time in Cleveland from players like Joe Thomas and Christian Kirksey.