Any word on Clowney signing?

BZski

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

A cool Andrew Jackson should cover it

Yeah...

I'd rather not. But this season is likely going to be rough and we have tons of cap space so it'd be a fun added storyline for the year. Take some pressure off Chaisson and let him get slowly built up this year.

Yeah this is what I assumed. Dude wants to win. The notion that he was only in it for the money never made sense to me, otherwise he wouldn’t have left so much money on the table.

Sucks though. Was hoping the Ravens would have made an offer around that $10m mark for his services. But at least he’ll be in the NFC.

Edited by diamondbull424

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah...

I'd rather not. But this season is likely going to be rough and we have tons of cap space so it'd be a fun added storyline for the year. Take some pressure off Chaisson and let him get slowly built up this year.

Since Chaisson is on my dynasty team I want him going full go from the start. 

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Since Chaisson is on my dynasty team I want him going full go from the start. 

If Clowney doesn't sign you're in luck...

Wonder if we'll hear tonight or if this goes into the weekend. If he wants to be on the practice field by Monday I think the physical/COVID protocols will take a few days. 

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Literally see you in every thread with a Jags mention to chime in. Do you have notifications on for when the team is mentioned?

Either way, as always, it's a pleasure.

The Jags just shipped off Ngakoe, why would they sign Clowney?

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...I thought @Counselor was a Broncos fan...

That was in reference to the post @Counselor quoted.

2 minutes ago, Drained said:

He. is. LAZY.

Texans fans have known this for a long time. 

Definitely something teams have to have in the back of their minds. Still a very solid player who consistently flashes/helps those around him by getting focused though.

23 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I feel like the only person who still thinks Clowney is a really good football player....🤷‍♂️

Even last season I saw him not just hold contain on his side, but light up the entire side into the backfield. Maybe he's inconistent. 

He is inconsistent on the pass game. When it comes to stuffing the run he is REALLY good and that has always been his talent but he is one of those players that relies more on raw physicality and his god-given ability rather than focus on improving areas. 

He will have huge games where we all think "oh wow JD is amazing" but he'll finish the season with like 4 sacks. That's the issue. He isn't a good edge rusher on his own and that is why he isn't elite though pair him with someone like Myles Garrett or JJ Watt and he will draw double teams off his pure speed which allows the real no.1 DE on the team to feed. He did have a nice fluke season with us though that made me think otherwise (2017) but I am starting to think he just worked well in our scheme...

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1