Who would you rather draft? Watt/Miller in 11 or Donald/Mack in 14?

patriotsheatyan

Peak Watt is the only player on this list better than peak Ray Lewis IMO in terms of best I’ve seen. Though the longevity/durability argument is certainly relevant. Ultimately I feel Darnold while great would lead to a less stellar defense and would ultimately not push the needle far enough in moving towards a championship.

We know that Miller has shown multiple playoff performances where he could simply not be stopped and eventually was one of the most important factors in getting his team a SB ring.

Supperior leadership, overwhelming defensive impact, the playoff clutch gene, and greater scheme versatility all sound like the recipe for an all time legendary defense that can carry a mediocre offense to a SB win. I come away thinking Darnold and Mack would be an absolutely elite defense but I wouldn’t feel confident in them ever reaching legendary status.

Edited by diamondbull424

2 hours ago, evilflamingo said:

Watt and Miller by some distance. As good as Donald is, he's doesn't touch Watt's level of dominance, especially in the playoffs. Miller and Mack is a wash for me with the first having the more impressive stats but also being a clown with no class. 

Do you know Watt's double and triple team percentage? 

I don't either so I could be wrong, but I'd guess it isn't as high as Donald's.

Trick question because the Rams actually had two picks and was in position to take Mack then  Donald but instead they passed on Mack to take Greg Robinson. I can only dream of Mack and Donald locked up on the same team then they trade for Ramsey too. Like that defense would be impossible for offenses to handle. But yeah give me Donald and Mack. Love Miller and Watt but Watt can’t stay healthy while Donald shows up every game like a machine and dominates. 

On 9/5/2020 at 12:50 AM, El Ramster said:

Taylor >>>>>> Mack wtf. 

Mack is more of a Jason Taylor type player for me. Not a generational talent. When has Mack been touted as the best defensive player in the game? There was no question about L T 

Khalil Mack was the defensive player of the year in 2016. What the hell are you talking about?