Trade for AD?

cconocool

I'm sure most people expected this question...but we already know the answer.  He doesn't fit the offense, so no.  The more interesting question is whether they bring up Bronson Hill, or just roll with the 3 RB/FBs they currently have with Floyd coming off the suspension.

Brainstorming for reasons why the Vikings would trade for Peterson.

1. It would be fun to watch Peterson finish his career where he belongs, with the Vikings
  2. If the Saints would alternatively cut him the Vikings could preserve the 6th round compensatory pick by trading a seventh rounder to the Saints and holding Peterson on the roster.
  3. The team needs another RB

Those are the reasons I can dream up. In the end, that isn't enough IMO. The team needs to move forward. I would rather they sign John Crockett off the Ravens practice squad.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Have we made a move yet? I checked but didn't see anything.

I have not seen anything yet.  They got an extension from the league regarding Floyd to make a move...thus far we haven't seen anything yet.  They haven't even officially moved Cook to IR yet.  

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

I have not seen anything yet.  They got an extension from the league regarding Floyd to make a move...thus far we haven't seen anything yet.  They haven't even officially moved Cook to IR yet.  

The longer the team goes without making a move at RB, the more likely it is that the replacement will be a bump to the roster for the young RB on the practice squad.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

The longer the team goes without making a move at RB, the more likely it is that the replacement will be a bump to the roster for the young RB on the practice squad.

Not necessarily. It's Tuesday. It's the first day the team was back at practice. Next game is Monday. Even if they signed someone today, he probably wouldn't take over the entire workload right away, so not that important to get him in right away.

Wouldn't be shocked if we were looking at other teams practice squads also to bring someone in. If not I would guess Bronson Hill would be our guy.

I would love to see us go after Jeremy McNichols or Elijah Hood just because I was never a Bronson Hill fan, and well Hood is pretty darn good.

Running back Adrian Peterson went through his first practice with the Cardinals on Wednesday amid questions about how much he might have left in the tank and there’s one immediate difference from the way he looked in New Orleans and Minnesota. Peterson is wearing No. 23 rather than No. 28 because he wasn’t able to work out a deal with cornerback Justin Bethel that would have allowed him to keep wearing the number he’s worn throughout his NFL career. Peterson believes that you’ll see him find more success than he had in New Orleans in his new number.

Peterson: "I have so much left. I look to play four or five more years."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/11/adrian-peterson-i-have-so-much-left/

Archived