Trade for AD?

cconocool

On 12/10/2017 at 9:30 AM, vike daddy said:

Running back Adrian Peterson went through his first practice with the Cardinals on Wednesday amid questions about how much he might have left in the tank and there’s one immediate difference from the way he looked in New Orleans and Minnesota. Peterson is wearing No. 23 rather than No. 28 because he wasn’t able to work out a deal with cornerback Justin Bethel that would have allowed him to keep wearing the number he’s worn throughout his NFL career. Peterson believes that you’ll see him find more success than he had in New Orleans in his new number.

Peterson: "I have so much left. I look to play four or five more years."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/11/adrian-peterson-i-have-so-much-left/

Adrian wasn't kidding.

He looked pretty good in his first game with the Cardinals.

I would think that with a Thanksgiving timeline for David Johnson's return they'd probably split carries and looks for a couple of weeks. I don't think Peterson will have much of an issue with that, it was the three way split in New Orleans and the fact that New Orleans is such a heavy passing team with Brees that Peterson would barely see the field.

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I would think that with a Thanksgiving timeline for David Johnson's return they'd probably split carries and looks for a couple of weeks. I don't think Peterson will have much of an issue with that, it was the three way split in New Orleans and the fact that New Orleans is such a heavy passing team with Brees that Peterson would barely see the field.

From what I understood, that's the earliest he could come back. I don't think that's when they are expecting him

1 hour ago, byuvike88 said:

From what I understood, that's the earliest he could come back. I don't think that's when they are expecting him

They said previously that it'll be sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so, I think that rules out the 11/26 game.  I don't think he'll be back until Week 13 at the earliest.  

Just now, vike daddy said:

Larry Fitzgerald: "I wish he'd have been here 11 years from the beginning, I'd have a Super Bowl ring already. But having him here, his leadership, his demeanor in the huddle, I think it's reinvigorating everybody."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000862289/article/larry-fitzgerald-id-have-ring-if-ap-had-arrived-earlier

I wish Larry Fitzgerald would have been here 11 years from the beginning, he'd have a Super Bowl ring with the Vikings :)

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Larry Fitzgerald: "I wish he'd have been here 11 years from the beginning, I'd have a Super Bowl ring already. But having him here, his leadership, his demeanor in the huddle, I think it's reinvigorating everybody."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000862289/article/larry-fitzgerald-id-have-ring-if-ap-had-arrived-earlier

Good job Levi Brown!

Good for Peterson to find a home. Wish him the best the  rest of his career. Still no desire to see him back here unless he's retired.

At a time when many were insisting that he had nothing left, a take that was impossible to verify because he hadn’t gotten enough chances to prove it one way or the other, Cardinals running back Adrian Peterson proved that he does. And he did it before his bags were even unpacked. Making his 134-yard, two-touchdown performance in his Arizona debut even more amazing was the fact that it came only days after he arrived to play for a team he didn’t know, at all. So what will happen as he gets more comfortable with his teammates and coaching staff?

Today’s opponent, the Rams, has the worst rushing defense statistically in the NFC, giving up 139.5 yards per game. Which is even more good news for a player who, if he can stay healthy, quickly can get to the top of the list of candidates for Comeback Player of the Year, both after what happened in all of last year and what happened in his first four games of this year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/22/get-ready-for-more-adrian-peterson/

Archived