Peterson released

Slateman

1 hour ago, Marcus21 said:

I think this is good for both parties. Peterson does not fit what Turner is wanting to do. From what I herd....multiple back sets, lots of motion and backs that are able to contribute in the pass game. Peterson is a one dimensional and needs a lot of carries to contribute. He would be a wasted roster spot if he is only getting 8-12 carries a game. Barber/Love can fit that role. Peterson can now go to a team that is more set up to pound the rock, and he can continue his pursuit of Smith record!

Just a quick guess...I think Adrian ends up in New England!!!

I don’t know about Peterson ending up in NE, they have Sony Michel & other guys behind him who are versatile like James White & Burkhead and they drafted Damien Harris in the 3rd round last year. They’re pretty loaded at RB and have a lot of versatility. I’d hate to see this, but I don’t think Peterson is going to get picked up for a while unless a contender has a major injury to their starting RB.

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

I would have tried to trade him first.  But ok.  Rivera is truly burning a year to evaluate players.  Will be fun to watch the youth, but seems like he sacrificed a locker room presence to do it.

That's what you're supposed to do year 1 of a rebuild.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

McKissick has been in the league since 2016 and has basically done nothing. If he’s our lead back than we have issues. 

Didn't say that either. But we do have plenty of issues.

Think Chris Thompson, only we have two of them. I fully expect this to be a RB committee depending on things, and I think JD could be a guy heavily involved in that. 

Bad move if you was going to get rid of AP you should have traded for a picked up Leonard fournette he can catch the ball out of the back for you and Rush for a 1000 yards I'm beginning to think do Ron Rivera know what he's doing this is why he was fired from Carolina bad decisions making maybe he's punishing Washington for beating him and get him fired last year seem like bad mojo

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

No argument from me.

Well this might not be the last surprising cut.

The interesting thing is everyone is talking about Gibson as the primary guy to take over, but I thought he has been inconsistent during camp and has a long way to go with so much on his plate.  I guess they are really looking to focus on the scat back vibe.  

1 minute ago, Geno said:

Bad move if you was going to get rid of AP you should have traded for a picked up Leonard fournette he can catch the ball out of the back for you and Rush for a 1000 yards I'm beginning to think do Ron Rivera know what he's doing this is why he was fired from Carolina bad decisions making maybe he's punishing Washington for beating him and get him fired last year seem like bad mojo

Ya, we should just fire Ron Rivera now for cutting a 35 year old RB.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Well this might not be the last surprising cut.

The interesting thing is everyone is talking about Gibson as the primary guy to take over, but I thought he has been inconsistent during camp and has a long way to go with so much on his plate.  I guess they are really looking to focus on the scat back vibe.  

They should be actively shopping Kerrigan too.