The Boys - Season 2

August4th

Kripke said they're almost done writing season 3 and plan on shooting in early 2021. I'm guessing season 2 will air late 21 or summer 22, if filming goes smoothly. He also said that stormfront is still alive and will appear again

Edited by August4th

On 9/26/2020 at 12:46 AM, minutemancl said:

I was almost hoping for some sort of stunning rebuke of Stormfront from Homelander in that last scene. Like he smashes her head and says something like "i may be a sociopath, but I'm not an effin nazi" or something like that. I'm definitely not disappointed in the actual result, but that would have been unexpected and cool to see. 

That was never gonna happen. Follow the thread of what the show is trying to tell you, dawg. 

Edited by Starless

11 hours ago, Starless said:

That was never gonna happen. Follow the thread of what the show is trying to tell you, dawg. 

Which is why I used words like 'stunning rebuke' and 'unexpected' dawg.

As tight as he is/was with Stormfront, we could tell Homelander at least felt slightly off about Stormfront trying to indoctrinate his kid with ideas of white genocide. They were dropping hints at at least a remnant of his humanity remaining, and that Ryan could potentially be a canary like character for Homelander, like Hughie is for Butcher.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Which is why I used words like 'stunning rebuke' and 'unexpected' dawg.

As tight as he is/was with Stormfront, we could tell Homelander at least felt slightly off about Stormfront trying to indoctrinate his kid with ideas of white genocide. They were dropping hints at at least a remnant of his humanity remaining, and that Ryan could potentially be a canary like character for Homelander, like Hughie is for Butcher.

Yeah, but the whole point was that, despite his discomfort, he was always going to go along with it out of sheer expediency. His character is a stand-in for affluent and powerful capitalist subjects who embrace fascism because it offers them security from the threatening other. And also cops. He is cops. 

Ryan can't be a canary for him because he doesn't see Ryan as a person.

Edited by Starless
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Watching this through the first time. But, like, how did y'all not see her as a Nazi? Her name is Stormfront. Like, I didn't think she was straight up from 1939 Nazi, but like all the clues started to piece together. 

Yeah, I didn't get all the fanfare she seemed to have through the first few episodes, it was pretty clear almost straight away that she was evil, if not a literal Nazi.