The Boys - Season 2

August4th

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, I didn't get all the fanfare she seemed to have through the first few episodes, it was pretty clear almost straight away that she was evil, if not a literal Nazi.

The name Stormfront and knowing Seth Rogen is an EP on the show alone told me she was at least a modern day Nazi. Stormfront is a white supremacist publication.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Watching this through the first time. But, like, how did y'all not see her as a Nazi? Her name is Stormfront. Like, I didn't think she was straight up from 1939 Nazi, but like all the clues started to piece together. 

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, I didn't get all the fanfare she seemed to have through the first few episodes, it was pretty clear almost straight away that she was evil, if not a literal Nazi.

But... the memes...

OK.....let me put this question out to the group.  I am not a fan of the "superhero" movies, whether they be Marvel or DC.  The genre doesn't really interest me all that much.  My son, 23 y.o. movie buff that LOVES the superhero movies told me that I'd enjoy this series.  I added it to my watchlist.  I know the premise, but haven't watched anything related to the series.

What do you think?  Is this a series that I should give a shot? 

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

OK.....let me put this question out to the group.  I am not a fan of the "superhero" movies, whether they be Marvel or DC.  The genre doesn't really interest me all that much.  My son, 23 y.o. movie buff that LOVES the superhero movies told me that I'd enjoy this series.  I added it to my watchlist.  I know the premise, but haven't watched anything related to the series.

Thanks.

Why not give it a try?  Can always drop it if it's not working for you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Thanks.

My buddy hates superhero movies with a passion and I finally got him to start this. Got a message on Saturday saying that he got caught up binging it the night before and is almost done with season 1.

This definitely isn't a superhero movie type show even if it has superheroes in it. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Thanks.

The relationship between this show and the 'superhero' genre is roughly equivalent to that between Dr. Strangelove and the 'war movie' genre. Hope that makes sense.

58 minutes ago, Starless said:

The relationship between this show and the 'superhero' genre is roughly equivalent to that between Dr. Strangelove and the 'war movie' genre. Hope that makes sense.

I teach a course "Contemporary History thru Film", and we just watched "Dr. Strangelove" about 2 weeks ago.  I've seen it at least 25 times.  That makes complete sense.  Thanks!

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Thanks.

This show has the best, most complex, most relevant thematic message of any show going, and that includes the pretentious leaning ones, looking at you Watchman and Lovecraft Country

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Thanks.

yes. its nothing like marvel or dc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Thanks.

yes. because it's probably how you feel about supes

the boys GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonStark said:

My buddy hates superhero movies with a passion and I finally got him to start this. Got a message on Saturday saying that he got caught up binging it the night before and is almost done with season 1.

This definitely isn't a superhero movie type show even if it has superheroes in it. 

Because it's about the Boys... and Starlight.

Pray Season 2 GIF by The Boys

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This show has the best, most complex, most relevant thematic message of any show going, and that includes the pretentious leaning ones, looking at you Watchman and Lovecraft Country

Get outta here with this bull****.

24 minutes ago, Starless said:

show me the lie

Here: This show has the best, most complex, most relevant thematic message of any show going, and that includes the pretentious leaning ones, looking at you Watchman and Lovecraft Country

Edited by bootsy