The Boys - Season 2

August4th

14 minutes ago, Starless said:

my question stands

my, really your answer stands. You equating The Boys as a complex show to Watchmen and Lovecraft Country that deals with racial tensions with real life consequences on very detailed level because one character in the Boys is written to briefly touch on those same issues. Give me a break.. You are like a Trump supporter spewing out nonsense, comparing apples and oranges, and chooses to believe all of it with no doubt.  The shows aren't even similar but you felt the need to throw in those two shows for no reason at all.

Edited by bootsy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bootsy said:

my, really your answer stands. You equating The Boys as a complex show to Watchmen and Lovecraft Country that deals with racial tensions with real life consequences because one character in the Boys is written to briefly touch on those same issues. Give me a break.. You are like a Trump supporter spewing out nonsense and chooses to believe all of it with no doubt.

Yea none of this is allowed. Next step over this line gets a warning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bootsy said:

my, really your answer stands. You equating The Boys as a complex show to Watchmen and Lovecraft Country that deals with racial tensions with real life consequences because one character in the Boys is written to briefly touch on those same issues. Give me a break.. You are like a Trump supporter spewing out nonsense and chooses to believe all of it with no doubt.

Watchmen is copaganda that completely whiffs on capturing the themes of the comic, plain and simple. I haven't seen Lovecraft Country but I have heard it criticized a great deal for its heavy-handedness and failure to explore its themes in a way that says anything especially new.

The Boys spends its entire 2nd season exploring the relationship between capitalism, American jingoism, and fascism. I don't know where you get off concluding that it 'briefly touches' on these issues when that's the overarching theme of the show.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

Watchmen is copaganda that completely whiffs on capturing the themes of the comic, plain and simple. I haven't seen Lovecraft Country but I have heard it criticized a great deal for its heavy-handedness and failure to explore its themes in a way that says anything especially new.

The Boys spends its entire 2nd season exploring the relationship between capitalism, American jingoism, and fascism. I don't know where you get off concluding that it 'briefly touches' on these issues when that's the overarching theme of the show.

Yeah sure. 

3 minutes ago, bootsy said:

Oh give me a break. I did nothing wrong. You are and always will be a poor moderator.

Political talk is against forum rules. You don't have to like me but you do have to respect the rules. This is an official warning for not doing just that. 

• Like 1

I read someone else say the same thing, but it is really funny when you look at the Watchmen comic compared to the movie, then The Boys comic compared to the show. There's almost a total swap in there somewhere. Tonally and thematically, The Boys show is the Watchmen movie we should have gotten, had it been faithful to the source material.

• Like 2

You guys seen the clip of the cast van going to set and Jack Quaid mentions how Antony is always in character and asks him what’s the best part of playing Homelander and he responds still in American accent “I don’t have to do any -ing scenes with you”? Gold. Though I imagine he would grate on you after a while. 

• Like 1

Kinda unsure how they’re gonna tie some of these loose threads...

Binged the whole series. Quite quite good, heavy handed in a few aspects. But sometimes heavy handedness is needed.

Cindy is gonna be the best. I can feel it.

21 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Homelander actor is thinner then I thought he was. Nothing wrong with that he's still a great actor.

Do yourself a favor - watch Banshee (just get past the awful paint by numbers 2nd episode) and you will love Starr & the cast.   That show got him this part.  

• Like 1