Jump to content
August4th

The Boys - Season 2

Recommended Posts

For just a second I didn't realize that was Homelander fantasizing.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This show is currently the best show going. Starr and Urban are forced from hell on this show. The whole cast is stellar but those two are just doing career work. If the writing keeps up, people are going to talk about Homelander the same way we talk about Tony Soprano and Walter White. He’s easily one of the best characters on tv. Just captivating. 
 

The social commentary is a breath of fresh air. Like it just gets the absurdity of sanitized corporate culture and internet meme bs. 
 

The crazy thing is..... the show has a ton of juice left. So many unresolved plotlines, nothing feels like they are just staggering around for obvious endgames and making us wait. The Boys haven’t even had a true one on one standoff with the Seven yet. All the political stuff, Becca. This show has wheels 

Edited by lancerman
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really like how the show looks..the cinematography and CGI is really well done. makes me hyped for Lord of The rings..that show should look amazing with the resources Amazon has

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was about 50/50 on that Homelander seen being real. I was going to say I was shocked, but honestly that scene is coming at some point.

The Storm-lander (or Home-front, whatever you want to call that relationship) was actually surprising to me though. Although I do feel like Stormfront is trying to create more leverage with that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s been a while since a character has captivated me with every scene they’re in but Homelander has done that. Every time he’s shows up I’m on pins and needles. That airplane scene from last season still gives me chills.

Such an enjoyable show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 12:35 PM, THE DUKE said:

For just a second I didn't realize that was Homelander fantasizing.

Definitely got me. I'm usually good at catching these things, but for some reason I thought he was legit doing it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 1:10 PM, skywlker32 said:

I was about 50/50 on that Homelander seen being real. I was going to say I was shocked, but honestly that scene is coming at some point.

The Storm-lander (or Home-front, whatever you want to call that relationship) was actually surprising to me though. Although I do feel like Stormfront is trying to create more leverage with that too.

Homelander himself is such a perfect symbol for corporations in America being all powerful and beyond reproach for him to get entangled with Strormfront (who is just a perfect symbol for right wing totalitarianism) is the exact sort of symbolism that should be winning everything come award season. 

One has to admire the absurdity of Amazon putting out a show with the message that corporations are all powerful in modern America, and the only way to destroy them is to break the law and get violent back. That's got to be Bezos' most ironic stack of money, right?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

 

  Hide contents

Homelander himself is such a perfect symbol for corporations in America being all powerful and beyond reproach for him to get entangled with Strormfront (who is just a perfect symbol for right wing totalitarianism) is the exact sort of symbolism that should be winning everything come award season. 

One has to admire the absurdity of Amazon putting out a show with the message that corporations are all powerful in modern America, and the only way to destroy them is to break the law and get violent back. That's got to be Bezos' most ironic stack of money, right?

 

Chace Crawford Smile GIF by The Boys - Find & Share on GIPHY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the scene with the three female superheroes making the tacky girl power comment. I like to think its a satire of that hilarious scene from Endgame. 

I also love how the viewers, myself included, immediately think that Stormfront is a white supremist for the murder of the black man and her comments to A-Train and by the end of the episode you realize she is actually a Sup-supremist who thinks all humans are below her and invaluable. Shes going to get dark as hell in the future I assume. 

This is the best show around right now. Pretty easily too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I loved the scene with the three female superheroes making the tacky girl power comment. I like to think its a satire of that hilarious scene from Endgame. 

I also love how the viewers, myself included, immediately think that Stormfront is a white supremist for the murder of the black man and her comments to A-Train and by the end of the episode you realize she is actually a Sup-supremist who thinks all humans are below her and invaluable. Shes going to get dark as hell in the future I assume. 

This is the best show around right now. Pretty easily too. 

Pretty much all the supes are supe-supremecists really outside of Starlight.  Stormfront definitely believes in the whole master race thing, part of that being supes, but even amongst supes they definitely have her portraying all the typical Aryan master race crap too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I loved the scene with the three female superheroes making the tacky girl power comment. I like to think its a satire of that hilarious scene from Endgame. 

I also love how the viewers, myself included, immediately think that Stormfront is a white supremist for the murder of the black man and her comments to A-Train and by the end of the episode you realize she is actually a Sup-supremist who thinks all humans are below her and invaluable. Shes going to get dark as hell in the future I assume. 

This is the best show around right now. Pretty easily too. 

I think she's definitely a white supremacist too. The comment she made right before she killed Kimi's brother was pretty racy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JonStark said:

I think she's definitely a white supremacist too. The comment she made right before she killed Kimi's brother was pretty racy. 

The show made this pretty clear, between the flashback scene when she was Liberty and her comments towards A-Train.

Obviously, this is all building towards a showdown between Homelander and Stormfront vs Maeve, Starlight, A-Train, and The Boys, right?

15 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I loved the scene with the three female superheroes making the tacky girl power comment. I like to think its a satire of that hilarious scene from Endgame. 

I don't think most people even remember that scene; I certainly didn't until you mentioned it here. To me, that was more of a satire of the seemingly ubiquitous 'corporate/performative wokeness' that has absolutely no substance behind it. It was really nicely juxtaposed; I think right before and after that shot, you see Homelander calling all the shots for everything on the entire shoot and threatening that one woman who is supposed to be in charge. That also comes after a plot point of talking about diversity among The Seven. Also, the director gave the lines to A-Train and essentially admitted to having no involvement in the actual script as it came from someone way above him. It's not a movie they are shooting, it is propaganda paid for by Vought, who already own almost everything else.

It's funny for sure, but it would be a lot funnier if it wasn't so on the nose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Obviously, this is all building towards a showdown between Homelander and Stormfront vs Maeve, Starlight, A-Train, and The Boys, right?

Gotta be, although I'm not sure how Maeve and Atrain would get along with the boys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think Liberty and Stromfront are not one in the same, they made way too much of an effort to conceal the features in the flashback scene.  Mother/Daughter seems likely to me.

14 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Obviously, this is all building towards a showdown between Homelander and Stormfront vs Maeve, Starlight, A-Train, and The Boys, right?

Yeah, there is no real way The Boys can take on the supes without supes of their own, unless the find the "kryptonite" for compound V.

Homelander dropping the "Girls Get it On" line instead of the Girls Get it Done was hilarious.  All this girl power rhetoric and they are still dressed like Femme Bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...