The Boys - Season 2

August4th

Oh, one more thing: that was definitely Shawn Ashmore (aka Bobby Drake) who was on the phone with Stormfront right? He's gotta be an important character. Ashmore is a relatively famous actor; you wouldn't use him for all of 5 seconds and never see him again. Starlight is definitely going to go to that facility and find something there.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Oh, one more thing: that was definitely Shawn Ashmore (aka Bobby Drake) who was on the phone with Stormfront right? He's gotta be an important character. Ashmore is a relatively famous actor; you wouldn't use him for all of 5 seconds and never see him again. Starlight is definitely going to go to that facility and find something there.

Coudlve been his twin

34 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Coudlve been his twin

I thought you were being sarcastic, but Shawn Ashmore actually does have an identical twin lol.

In looking that up on wikipedia, I found out it was Shawn Ashmore in that episode, and they listed his character's name, which is actually a spoiler...

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I thought you were being sarcastic, but Shawn Ashmore actually does have an identical twin lol.

In looking that up on wikipedia, I found out it was Shawn Ashmore in that episode, and they listed his character's name, which is actually a spoiler...

Fun fact, they both played different characters on Smallville. Yea they look so similar I can't blame you for thinking they were the same person. 

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

The untitled spinoff, written by The Boys executive producer Craig Rosenberg, is set at America's only college exclusively for young superheroes — which is run by the shady corporation Vought International. Like the parent show, the spinoff is expected to be a very TV-MA series — described as part college show and part Hunger Games — that follows the lives of hormonal, competitive Supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities.

Could easily become a vapid cash grab with a synopsis like that

That opening sequence with Homelander and Stormfront.......oof

The Deep's detailed personalities of fish life is hilarious, and I like how they have him roping in A-Train as well.

Frenchie's backstory was good and I like that they made Lamplighter more than just another monster supe.

Homelander is unravelling.  I wonder if what he learned from Stormfront grounds him and gives him his purpose (evil) or if it's just the distraction de jour that he blows up on a whim once he gets frustrated.

I was wrong about the Stormfront backstory, but the real backstory is much better anyway, so i'm good with that.

• Like 1

I was almost hoping for some sort of stunning rebuke of Stormfront from Homelander in that last scene. Like he smashes her head and says something like "i may be a sociopath, but I'm not an effin nazi" or something like that. I'm definitely not disappointed in the actual result, but that would have been unexpected and cool to see. 

Great episode. What a good show. All episodes so far have been satisfying and cool on their own, and I keep wanting more. I'm all in. 

• Like 1