Saints defense is playing well despite a slow start

tyler735

7 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

PS: Our defense is ranked 12th in the league now. Noice. 

12th... Not bad, hope they can keep it up. Concerned about Anzalone, kid was looking like a steal and made quite the duo with Klein.

The more i watch Ken Crawley the more he reminds me of Jabari Greer.

I'd love to see a stat on targets on Lattimore vs all our other corners.

It seems like QB won't even throw his way. How awesome to have a future "shut down" possibility?!! I know he's only a few games in, but the kid is ballin'!

41 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'd love to see a stat on targets on Lattimore vs all our other corners.

I don’t have that, but PFF gave him an 88 for Sunday’s performance. 2 pts off of “Elite” for their scale.

PFF is FAR from the end all be all, but it’s good for ballparking IMO 

They have him at 87.4 for the season, for 8th best CB in the league. Ken Crawley sits alone at the top with 90.6. B|

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Aw man, you guys don't remind me about Greer. Still upset about the way his career ended. :(

I don’t remember. Break it down for me.

too soon?

I was torn on whether or not I should make that joke.

23 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I don’t have that, but PFF gave him an 88 for Sunday’s performance. 2 pts off of “Elite” for their scale.

PFF is FAR from the end all be all, but it’s good for ballparking IMO 

They have him at 87.4 for the season, for 8th best CB in the league. Ken Crawley sits alone at the top with 90.6. B|

When it comes to PFF numbers I either really agree with them or think they couldn't be further off. No in between with me lol. This would be one of the cases I agree. Lattimore looking reeeeeaaall nice. 

EDIT: As an aside, Cam Jordan is rated as being the 3rd best edge defender. Doesn't surprise me at all. Wish the guy would get the national recognition he deserves already. 

3 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

EDIT: As an aside, Cam Jordan is rated as being the 3rd best edge defender. Doesn't surprise me at all. Wish the guy would get the national recognition he deserves already. 

Absolutely.  His name wasn't even brought up a few weeks ago in an NFL gen topic on top ten DEs.

5 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Booo, but I guess we can't all make it in the comedy business. Tough break, man. 

Lattimore is special... Potential to be the best corner Saints ever had, that kinda special.

Crawley is a gamer, i liken him to Greer due to his size, sticky coverage and his ability to be physical dispite his size. Both were undrafted guys too.

Im still high on PJ but i think his best position might be at safety.

14 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Crawley is a gamer, i liken him to Greer due to his size, sticky coverage and his ability to be physical dispite his size. Both were undrafted guys too.

How great was that endzone pick?!!

I seriously think we've gone from "scrambling" to field a decent CB, to actually having some depth. I haven't looked at snap counts, but it seems like D'Vonte Harris hasn't sucked nearly as bad as weeks 1 & 2, but maybe he's just been on the bench, which is okay too.

6 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

How great was that endzone pick?!!

I seriously think we've gone from "scrambling" to field a decent CB, to actually having some depth. I haven't looked at snap counts, but it seems like D'Vonte Harris hasn't sucked nearly as bad as weeks 1 & 2, but maybe he's just been on the bench, which is okay too.

Ehhh, I'll give him kudos for actually catching the ball, but that pass was so horribly thrown that I think most of us posting here could of caught that one.

As for it being a great game changer, absolutely. I think Miami went into deflate/defeat mode as soon as that happened and never recovered. 

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

Ehhh, I'll give him kudos for actually catching the ball, but that pass was so horribly thrown that I think most of us posting here could of caught that one.

It was very poorly thrown, no doubt. 

However..... PART of the reason is was poorly thrown is because Crawley kept Thomas from getting off the line and refused to let Thomas run a route. He out-physicalled (that’s a word and don’t you say it’s not) a guy who had no business getting pushed around by a CB

Archived