Bears at Lions - Week 1

dll2000

Overall thoughts. 

Mitch still sucks, but he's getting those one or two good plays game that still keep him starting. He seems to play so much better when we're forced into a 2 min offense. 

Offensive line was overall decent. The running lanes where there. I felt like the pass protection was actually more lacking. 

The defense as a whole was a let down.. Pass rush was mostly a non factor, and we really need Quinn healthy. 

Trevathan in particular was a liability in pass coverage today. 

Johnson played a hell of a game for a rookie, particularly a rookie corner. It wasn't perfect, or even dominant, but he wasn't a liability on the field and just stepped right in and hit the ground running. 

Graham managed to redeem himself late, but TEs overall where a big let down. 

Monty was moving much better than I thought, and I feel like he was hitting the holes noticeably faster than last year, I look forward to seeing him more as he gets healthier. 

The rb by committee approach was actually solid, getting Cohen, Patterson, and even Robinson in the mix. 

That said, I basically see no chance Cohen is resigned right now. Monty being limited should have seen an uptick in Cohen's usage, and I think he was actually more limited than in previous seasons, being used exclusively as a RB that I saw, and getting very limited carries. 

Miller is frustrating. He's so often not on the same page as Biscuit, but you can see the potential there as he made some of the best plays of the day. 

Robinson needs to get paid. He's the best wr we have, and even if we have to dump Trubisky and the coaches after this year, I want him around to help whatever qb we bring in. 

Mooney showed up today, with a few catches, and one of them juking a defender out of his shoes. I was hoping to see a drop shot to him, however. 

Ginn Jr was a ghost today, and if he doesn't start showing up, Mooney will have his job even faster than Foles gets Mitch's... I also wanted to see some plays with him, Mooney, Patterson, and Cohen just to maximize speed mismatches. 

Couple of under rated things I noticed...

No doubt we will really miss Eddie Goldman this season...his ability to keep those LBs clean in the run game was never questioned but even when rushing the passer he was the guy who could stay at home and stop the QB stepping up into the pocket when the outside rush is about to get home...we saw less of that.

Montgomery has clearly put in the work in the offseason...the diet & weight loss makes him look far quicker to the hole but he still has that mentality of fighting for every yard when he gets hit...the blocking scheme clearly suits his running style far more and if he isn't even 100% fit then he is going to look great when he is.

• Like 1

LOL.  I turned on game pass for first time and they showed me lions leading 23-6 late before I started watching because they had to show me highlight of ARob catch with score at bottom as soon as I turned it on.

So pissed.   

So I was resigned to a likely Bears lose before I started.  

Pleasant surprise ending there.  

2 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Mitch can’t score points coming from behind, the question is will we score a TD in non garbage time?

Thinkin' you might like some home fries with your crow?  Or do you prefer the veggie of the day.

Don't know why anyone didn't expect the offense to start out with some hitch in their giddy up.  It's the first game action any of them have seen.

Let's call it a win where they did just enough to do it and lucked out in the end.

Defense needs to tighten up.  Yeah it was AP but still.  Way too may long gains and not near enough of a pass rush.

Mitch got bailed out by some circus catches by ARob and Miller but the last TD pass was perfect.

Still to much inconsistency all over but whatta we expect for game one with no preseason tune ups.

What's the deal with Quinn?  Are we gonna have a problem with a 30 year old guy who just got paid and then goes MIA most of the preseason and game one?

Opening day win!!!!!

Those count a lot because you waited soooooo long to play.

Really builds momentum.   A lot of things to not like, but don’t pretend like there weren’t a lot of things to like as well.

We won a game on road in our division.  Its not nothing.   

Better than opening with a loss to Green Bay. 

• Like 1