Cardinals release WR Hakeem Butler

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Someone people had him as a 1st rounder in 2019.

I didn't like him as a 1st rounder, but rounds 2-3  I loved the guy. 

His measurables should land him somewhere pretty quickly. 

How's his blocking? He ran a 4.48 at the combine. If he could pack on about 10 lbs and stay under a 4.6, I could see someone taking a look at him as flex TE.

If he can't block, he'll probably settle in as someone's 4th or 5th WR at best though. 

Got hurt with a pretty minor injury but we liked our depth chart last year so we just IR’d him. From what I remember they said he has everything athletically but hands weren’t up to speed. Couldn’t jump Keesean Johnson or Andy Isabella then Trent Sheffield is a special teams ace. Made it tough for him to find a spot

• Like 1

Never liked him coming out. Never understood what others found intriguing. Sure he’s tall but he too often allowed the  pass to get into his frame from what I recall, which compromised his size advantage. He’s lumbering in and out of his breaks. Then his 4.4 speed didn’t seem as fast on tape, more like a 4.5 option. He also dropped far too many passes for my liking regardless of if he could on occasion make the spectacular catch.

I was far higher on Allen Lazard who had much better hands and was quicker in and out of his breaks. Lazard was also more physical at the catch point based on what I remember. Too lazy to find my old analysis on these guys, but it doesn’t surprise me that Butler didn’t show enough.