Bills final 53 thread. Dimarco to IR

Trentwannabe

Packers fan, Kumerow is a sneaky decent player. A star at nothing, but solid at most everything and plays faster than expected. If he cracks the 53, he's the type of guy that contributes on specials and while you wouldn't want him near the top of your depth chart, he's an excellent fit for being 5th or 6th and setting a bar for more talented but less experienced/refined guys to have to beat out for their snaps. Hard worker, locker room guy and run blocker too. 

23 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am paraphrasing but Beane added that Murphy does a lot of the dirty work that goes unnoticed by fans and they value that  over financials this season. 

I am willing to bet they don’t feel Epenesa is ready as a 3rd DE yet. 

It is frustrating to hear that they are keeping him, maybe they aren't comfortable with Epenesa but $8 mil that could be freed up because of a locker room presence is silly to me. To say that he does the dirty work and goes unnoticed I can point out as many times as him running around like a chicken with his head cut off. He looks lost most of the time and at other times he is to slow or he gives up on the play rather then trying to put his effort in to it. I think this is one of the very few mistakes that Beane has made and I hate to see this money being wasted on a mediocre at best player. Paying him $9.7 mil compared to Clowney's rumored $12 mil offer from Titans infuriates me because even if clowney has injury history when healthy the dude is a beast and to say that Murphy is in that ball park is nuts cause his best day is clowney's worst. Even if they didnt want to look at clowney that $8 mil could have been better used on a guy like Milano in some form of extension or for another player who deserves it. I truly hope that he makes a restructure to his deal to clear some space and to be paid what his worth is which should be the $3-4 mil range at most.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:36 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Brandon Beane said today that Hodgins could require surgery at some point. Gilliam is officially a TE but will be used as a hybrid depending on what Daboll wants for the week.

I am pretty surprised by this as I did not hear much about this injury but I think it was a way to keep him on the team without exposing them to the waiver wire and to be put on the PSquad. I am glad they kept both rookie Wr in a sense as I truly believe they have better upside then guys like foster, mckenzie and duke. 

Dimarco going on IR is interesting I think if Gilliam and co show the potential without him they will likely come up with an injury settlement and clear some cap space, if the ST core struggles then I can see him coming back at some point this year. I just hope the neck injury isn't that serious because that can be a dangerous injury as we have seen in guys like aaron williams.

It is interesting to hear that the bills didnt claim anyone off waivers to add to the team which is something I cant remember them not doing, so this is promising to know that they are good with the roster.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I am pretty surprised by this as I did not hear much about this injury but I think it was a way to keep him on the team without exposing them to the waiver wire and to be put on the PSquad. I am glad they kept both rookie Wr in a sense as I truly believe they have better upside then guys like foster, mckenzie and duke. 

Dimarco going on IR is interesting I think if Gilliam and co show the potential without him they will likely come up with an injury settlement and clear some cap space, if the ST core struggles then I can see him coming back at some point this year. I just hope the neck injury isn't that serious because that can be a dangerous injury as we have seen in guys like aaron williams.

It is interesting to hear that the bills didnt claim anyone off waivers to add to the team which is something I cant remember them not doing, so this is promising to know that they are good with the roster.

I think it was Beanes way of getting all their guys on the roster. This will allow Hodgins the time to heal as much as possible and continue to learn the offense. 

Dimarco is done for the year. Because of when they put him on IR he won’t be eligible to return. 

I read somewhere that only about 17 players got claimed. Last year there was 50 I believe.