Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

Schefter: Trubisky "expected to be" the starter

Recommended Posts

Foles being here for two years is not a bad thing. If Mitch does not improve then we are almost guaranteed to draft a QB next year in the 1st round and I personally want him(#1) to sit for a year and learn the offense instead of throwing him to the wolves on day 1 without sacrificing the rest of team. What I mean is, with our defense, we could still be competitive with Foles at the helm in 2021 and then see what we really have in our #1 pick in 2022.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, soulman said:

Just a thought.

How much different would the Bears roster look right now if it was us who just had to shell out a $160 mil four year deal for Deshaun Watson?

Insert "8-ball" commercial gif. 

I'm personally not completely sold on Watson. Let's see what he can do this year without the best receiver in the game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, soulman said:

Just a thought.

How much different would the Bears roster look right now if it was us who just had to shell out a $160 mil four year deal for Deshaun Watson?

Better regardless of who else is on it... Franchise QB is too big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, soulman said:

Unless Foles himself opts out.

That said I would hope we wanted him here for at least two years if not all three.  If we end our time with Mitch we'll be glad we have Foles.  JMHO

Yup. Keep him for 1 year while the draft pick learns. Atleast, that's my idea anyhow. Fox messed up Mitch. let's not make that same mistake twice in a row. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Romen said:

Better regardless of who else is on it... Franchise QB is too big.

Do we still win the playoff game with Watson playing without his starting TE (last minute) and double doink? I don't think so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Do we still win the playoff game with Watson playing without his starting TE (last minute) and double doink? I don't think so. 

Too many variables to say one way or the other... I'd bet money Bears score more than they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The_Romen said:

Too many variables to say one way or the other... I'd bet money Bears score more than they did.

Now go back and watch the Watson vs the Colts in 18 and the Bills last year. I'm no Mitch apologist but he wasn't the reason the offense failed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Now go back and watch the Watson vs the Colts in 18 and the Bills last year. I'm no Mitch apologist but he wasn't the reason the offense failed.  

Mitch played okay, you're not wrong... but he's not Watson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Mitch played okay, you're not wrong... but he's not Watson.

No offense to A Rob but Watson played with probably the best receiver in the game Deandre Hopkins in his first three years.  That guy can cover up a lot of bad decisions and bad plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no arguing Mitch has been in same league as Watson.  I am a homer, but I can’t make that leap.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

There is no arguing Mitch has been in same league as Watson.  I am a homer, but I can’t make that leap.  

I don't think @JAF-N72EX is saying that. I think he's saying that he isn't completely sold on Watson, which I can get behind. He can look really good but he also doesn't always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always figured that if the competition was close, Trubisky would get the nod. With all the recent positive reporting on Foles, I assumed Mitch had fallen apart again, and Foles would get the job. 

But, I just saw a thing this morning that talked up how Mitch trained extra hard this off-season, and really finished camp strong. My knee-jerk reaction to that report was, of course, total skepticism, but jeez...what if that all really IS the case? 

Weirdest. Quarterback controversy. Ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GBHalas said:

No offense to A Rob but Watson played with probably the best receiver in the game Deandre Hopkins in his first three years.  That guy can cover up a lot of bad decisions and bad plays

Larry Fitzgerald played with complete trash and didn't cover up their flaws, Stafford had Megatron who didn't make him some incredible, record-breaking QB. Trubs has AR, who's a great receiver in his own right, but he's not covering up bad reads, bad decisions and bad overthrows.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 11:50 AM, The_Romen said:

Larry Fitzgerald played with complete trash and didn't cover up their flaws, Stafford had Megatron who didn't make him some incredible, record-breaking QB. Trubs has AR, who's a great receiver in his own right, but he's not covering up bad reads, bad decisions and bad overthrows.

 

On 9/7/2020 at 8:17 AM, beardown3231 said:

I don't think @JAF-N72EX is saying that. I think he's saying that he isn't completely sold on Watson, which I can get behind. He can look really good but he also doesn't always.

I don't watch him all time.  I have seen him have some great games and I know his O line has been mostly garbage (why they had to make a crazy trade for an OT and have spent all their draft picks on OL of late) and his defense is often banged up.  

Knock on him is he holds ball too long too often.  

He started out his career scoring like 40 a game.  That's pretty good.  I think you give that guy a good team and he has shown he can do some things with it.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

 

I don't watch him all time.  I have seen him have some great games and I know his O line has been mostly garbage (why they had to make a crazy trade for an OT and have spent all their draft picks on OL of late) and his defense is often banged up.  

Knock on him is he holds ball too long too often.  

He started out his career scoring like 40 a game.  That's pretty good.  I think you give that guy a good team and he has shown he can do some things with it.

I'm tired of the false narratives from people acting like Watson has had nothing to work with just to prop him up. 

His WR corps have been one of the best (when healthy).  The OL has still been better than most and certainly not garbage. The same with BOB...he may be a bad GM but his play-calling is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...