Schefter: Trubisky "expected to be" the starter

beardown3231

7 hours ago, G08 said:

There's nothing wrong with realizing faults of this team, history of being mediocre and laughably bad history with QBs.

What I will never understand, or even accept I guess, is as a Chicago Bears FAN, not rooting for your young QB. I will never, ever understand that.

Listening to local radio in the City, there are actually "fans" that are rooting for Trubisky to fail. What kind of garbage nonsense is that?

While I don't think Trubisky will ever be good, I also think it's laughable how fans want him to suck, like you said, so I agree. I had an FM station on the other morning and the host was talking about Mahomes' contract and then said "divide that by 14 for games in a season" (wrong) and then the co-host chimed in "Mitch the b****!" and him, the host and the producers all laughed on air. What kind of garbage is that? Trubisky is a lot of things, but a b****? Talk about unprofessional.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

While I don't think Trubisky will ever be good, I also think it's laughable how fans want him to suck, like you said, so I agree. I had an FM station on the other morning and the host was talking about Mahomes' contract and then said "divide that by 14 for games in a season" (wrong) and then the co-host chimed in "Mitch the b****!" and him, the host and the producers all laughed on air. What kind of garbage is that? Trubisky is a lot of things, but a b****? Talk about unprofessional.

It probably speaks to my personality a bit, but I ******* get off on when people tell me I can't do something. There is no greater feeling in the world proving them wrong and not having to say anything, just the look in their eye after you've accomplished what you said you would do is enough. Better than sex.

I hope Mitch shoves it up their collective ***** #BEARDOWN

• Like 3

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

You see, therein lies the problem I have with some people whether they claim to be Bears fans, media analysts or just followers of the game who constantly rip on and make fun of the guy.  I mean people have every right to think he's a bad NFL QB and what not but what did Mitch ever do to deserve all the endless harsh memes and comments thrown his way? 

It's non stop and it's pretty pathetic that people continue to stoop that low and go out of there way to criticize the guy.  By all accounts he's a great teammate and a well spoken guy who works his *** off to get better every day.  I could understand people not liking him if he was some pompous arrogant prick like Jay Cutler was, but c'mon man, what do people hate so much about him?  It's not his fault that he got drafted ahead of both Mahomes and Watson and then having the unfair comparisons to those 2 guys on a daily basis.  If people are going to hate on anybody hate on the GM who took him and not the player.  That's how I see it anyway.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

By the way I too hope he shoves it up all the haters ***** and is the Chicago Bears QB for a long long time.  That would be the sweetest revenge.

It would be the best thing that ever happened to this franchise if he did. In the short term for this weekend/year too. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, G08 said:

There's nothing wrong with realizing faults of this team, history of being mediocre and laughably bad history with QBs.

What I will never understand, or even accept I guess, is as a Chicago Bears FAN, not rooting for your young QB. I will never, ever understand that.

Listening to local radio in the City, there are actually "fans" that are rooting for Trubisky to fail. What kind of garbage nonsense is that?

There's a big difference between not rooting for our QB and not having faith in him. Let's not start putting all of them in the same box.

IMO, the fans that are rooting for Mitch to fail are either one of 3 types of fans:

1) Fans who are butt hurt that they were wrong about Foles starting. Which is absolutely ridiculous. Those are not real fans because they are ultimately wishing for the team to fail. 

2) Fans who want to see Foles play before giving Mitch another chance. Which is absolutely ridiculous. See above.

3) Fans who are afraid that if Mitch does play well this season, Pace will throw up his middle finger to everyone who doubted him and sign Mitch to a long-term contract and we are stuck with a mediocre QB for the next 4-5 years. Which is NOT ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, SLCbear said:

MT just named one of 6  Captains. The other 5 Arob, Mack Hicks DT and odonnell .... I would have gone with Cordorelle over PO, he was HUGE both ways ALL last season ..... good to see Mitch get it  

Agree 100%   An average at best punter over an All Pro kick returner? That's like voting for Brad Maynard over Hester or Gould. Just seems ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Agree 100%   An average at best punter over an All Pro kick returner? That's like voting for Brad Maynard over Hester or Gould. Just seems ridiculous. 

To be fair being named a team captain isn’t about being the best player but rather being a leader amongst your peers. Often times those two things coincide, but it’s not a prerequisite. Kane has long been the most talented player on the Hawks but only became an alternate captain in year 13, and even then only after Seabrook got hurt. Dirk Graham as captain over Roenick, Chelios and Larmer, etc.