Schefter: Trubisky "expected to be" the starter

beardown3231

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

There's a big difference between not rooting for our QB and not having faith in him. Let's not start putting all of them in the same box.

IMO, the fans that are rooting for Mitch to fail are either one of 3 types of fans:

1) Fans who are butt hurt that they were wrong about Foles starting. Which is absolutely ridiculous. Those are not real fans because they are ultimately wishing for the team to fail. 

2) Fans who want to see Foles play before giving Mitch another chance. Which is absolutely ridiculous. See above.

3) Fans who are afraid that if Mitch does play well this season, Pace will throw up his middle finger to everyone who doubted him and sign Mitch to a long-term contract and we are stuck with a mediocre QB for the next 4-5 years. Which is NOT ridiculous. 

We can recognize #3 without wishing for it to happen.

This is the type of situation that puts us in Reasonable Fan Hell. As long as he’s a Bear, I’ll be hoping Mitch puts things together. Do I think that’s likely? No. Do I think it would have long-term consequences for the franchise? Yes.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:21 AM, soulman said:

You can't be serious.  When his $40 mil cap hits begin start subtracting top shelf talent like the two top pass rushers we have now and a #1 WR.

IMHO unless the cap skyrockets QB deals like that one will hurt teams more than having a top shelf QB will help.  This has been looked into before.

I'd rather have Aaron Rodgers than not have Aaron Rodgers.

10 hours ago, The_Romen said:

I'd rather have Aaron Rodgers than not have Aaron Rodgers.

Love to have him this year with his $21.6 mil cap but next year he's at $36.3 and in 2022 $39.9 so you can bet GB is hoping Love can take over sooner rather than later.

When your QB starts hitting your cap that hard it limits what you can spend on other skill positions so you hope he can make those you do have look much better.  We have the opposite problem.  Our QBs aren't good enough to elevate all of the other skill positions so we had to surround them with pricier talent and spend some higher draft picks on a few.

I gotta be honest though.  I think they'll be sunbathing in bikinis along the Lakeshore in Jan. before the bears spend $40 mil per year on a QB.  JHMO   😀

YouTube keeps putting Detroit and Dallas/Bears highlights on my viewing list.

If you watch just those and forget a lot of other things you have seen you get pretty optimistic on MT.   You see what he is capable of.  Its not impossible for him to be good. 

He has talent.

He needs situation around him and to improve his reads and consistency. 

Will he?  Odds say no.  But we’ll see.  

The Dallas game is a good indicator of how stats are liars.   Bears had game put away early in 2nd half and were riding it out and in meantime Dallas put up all kinds of numbers.  They did that a lot last year.