Bears announce Mitch Trubisky as the starter

.Buzz

50 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If Trubisky needs the org to spend $20M on a guy while sending a 4th rd pick to get competition so it can light a fire...

Woof.

It wasn't to light a fire. It was merely to have a viable option for if/when Pace finally gives up on Mitch and admits to himself that he made a mistake.  

This is why it was stupid to even sign Foles or any other backup QB in the first place. 

As I've said all off season, Mitch was going to be starter regardless of who they signed and this was all but confirmed the minute Pace said that he was going to have a say in which QB starts. 

Pace wasn't going to give up that easily on the slight chance that Mitch does a 180 and he looks like a genius and can throw it back in the face of every critic. This whole "competition" was a ruse from the jump......the media just bought into it in order to sell you guys a product. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I think so too.

If they went Foles right away there was no going back to Mitch. He's done if/when he gets benched in Chicago.

Exactly,  this was always the most likely scenario to occur barring Mitch looking horrific the past 4 weeks in practice.

Foles will sit, wait patiently for Mitch to fail and come in looking like the savior. 

47 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I get it. This is the best way to get Trevor Lawrence. They could actually win with Foles.

Chicago is playing 4D chess with this move.

Then again the last time we where in position to draft a stud QB, we literally traded up and drafted the only one who sucked of the "top 3".... and we'd probably have won the Superbowl with either of the other two.

So I'm not so sure we'd draft Lawrence..... I'm thinking we grab whoever is worse between Lance and Fields.

@Thread in general. As a chicagoan with absolutely no faith in the Biscuit:

Tonight at 11, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1