Bears announce Mitch Trubisky as the starter

.Buzz

On 9/4/2020 at 7:18 PM, Xmad said:

The logic makes sense because under fire maybe trubisky puts in a little more effort and makes that next step.

If not they have a viable alternative starter who got a decent amount of first team reps. 

He doesn't strike me as a guy who isn't trying to be good.  He just hasn't gotten there for whatever reason.  Maybe things will click with a little more time, but my guess is that he just doesn't have "it."

11 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'm sure this will be the season that makes the Bears proud they chose Mitch over Patrick.

It is easy to "make firewood out of the fallen tree", an expression we use a lot in my country. It means when you take advantage of someone's vulnerable situation.

As much as i have lost most of my faith in him, putting Mitch in a position in which he has to play up to the same level of Mahomes (a generational and possible all time talent) in order to not be dumped is a bit unfair. I now this is how the NFL world revolves around the draft and the "what if's" about the 2017 draft would be endless. It is more fair to ask him to perform at a similar level than Deshuan Watson (a more terrenal QB), the problem is that the is not even close to that level either.