Week One Game Day therad: Packers At Minnesota Football Team Vikings

MacReady

Man I like to watch some Vikings podcasts before the game to get a feel for how they feel and what they think about the Packers but I couldn't make it 5 minutes into the one I watched. Purple FTW might be one of the worse podcasts I have ever watched ever unless you want great facts like:

1. Grimey overrated Green Bay Packers

2. Bisi Johnson > Overrated Davante Adams (This was when I had to shut it off) 

3. All new players on the Vikings > Who they Replaced

4. Adam Thielen revenge tour. Still unclear why he needs revenge. 

That was all in the first 5 minutes of the podcast. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Man I like to watch some Vikings podcasts before the game to get a feel for how they feel and what they think about the Packers but I couldn't make it 5 minutes into the one I watched. Purple FTW might be one of the worse podcasts I have ever watched ever unless you want great facts like:

1. Grimey overrated Green Bay Packers

2. Bisi Johnson > Overrated Davante Adams (This was when I had to shut it off) 

3. All new players on the Vikings > Who they Replaced

4. Adam Thielen revenge tour. Still unclear why he needs revenge. 

That was all in the first 5 minutes of the podcast. 

Adam Thielen is going to find out what life is like without Diggs. I'm not sure he's going to like it.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Adam Thielen is going to find out what life is like without Diggs. I'm not sure he's going to like it.

Adam Thielen is pretty good but Jaire Alexander is a bad match for someone like Thielen. 12 TGTs 5 Rec 75 Yards 0 TDs over the last two games last year. He absolutely shredded us in 2018 though (Not sure who was covering him that year). 

2 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Purple FTW might be one of the worse podcasts

Easily the worst big Vikings podcast. 

Recommend instead Norse Code (rambling and chatty Vikings twitter turned Athletic writer Arif Hasan, had Packers fan JuMosq on this week), Locked on Vikings (more straightforward but still thoughtful twitter guy Luke Braun, was on with Peter Bukowski this week) or Purple Insider (now-independent beat reporter Matthew Coller, had Aaron Nagler on this week). 

9 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Recommend instead Norse Code (rambling and chatty Vikings twitter turned Athletic writer Arif Hasan, had Packers fan JuMosq on this week), Locked on Vikings (more straightforward but still thoughtful twitter guy Luke Braun, was on with Peter Bukowski this week) or Purple Insider (now-independent beat reporter Matthew Coller, had Aaron Nagler on this week). 

Let me say I did watch locked on Vikings and found it much better. I'll try some of the others today. 

I dont know how anyone finds that guy informative or entertaining. He is like a caricature of what Packer fans think Viking fans are like. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krauser said:

p sure that dude had an account on here back in the day

1 hour ago, Krauser said:

Eh, Ari is a big Vikings homer too. Which is fine if you’re a Vikings fan I guess.

I don’t care how bad some of it is, I like listening to KFANs programs during the Pack-vike week.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber -   I get that Vikings fans are pretty pumped about Ngakoue. They should - he's a good player. But it's as if Everson Griffen never played for them. So, I don't know that the Vikings are appreciably better. Maybe they are - we'll see on Sunday.

He might not be better than griffin in his prime but Griffin hasn't been the same player the last couple.  Obviously losing hunter and not replacing Joseph are big losses though

Bill Huber -   Billy Turner will be doubtful for Sunday, LaFleur says.

• Tom Silverstein -   Coach Matt LaFleur has a big challenge ahead with RT Billy Turner (knee) listed as doubtful. Who does he start? Rick Wagner (elbow) or one of his two guards. We'll see.
Edited by Leader