Week One Game Day therad: Packers At Minnesota Football Team Vikings

MacReady

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Yeah it was my bad. I didn't realize you were a Vikes fan and just thought you were talking about the GB defense

Yeah I saw that after I posted.. either way good game it’s nice to feel a little normalcy for a change. It’s funny but this year even though I still care about the win loss record there just seems to be more important things going on. Stay safe you cheeseheads I look forward to this back and forth for many years to come 🍻

3 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Well for starters Joseph Griffen Waynes Rhodes Alexander are all gone. Granted some of that is addition by subtraction but our young corners predictably got taken to school today. I expect they will learn from this and I actually thought they battled hard against a future hall of famer 

That was definitely a tough spot. No Hunter, no Plug DT, and 3 new corners. I do like the upside of Minny’s D,  but they definitely need a year of seasoning and to get Pierce back. They probably finish bottom third this year.

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers cares more about his teammates than his own mom - jordan rodgers

In fairness, (as far as I know) his teammates aren't sleeping with someone who believes most people (maybe including Aaron) are headed towards eternal damnation.

Of course, that's just based off very loose coded comments that have been made.

12 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Follow the money when it comes to maybe why they are preparing to move on from Rodgers. Now if he keeps playing like this the trade won't be Rodgers it will be Love.

I don’t think they trade anyone to be honest.

Gute said as much about worried about that type of money tied up in that position and I think he is being honest in that moment.

I think GB honestly wants Aaron to be the QB for the next 3 years. Then in the fourth year release him and go with Love. The only thing getting in the way of that is Love’s development. But if it goes perfectly to plan... GB enjoys 3 glorious years with Rodgers as a premier QB before he falls into the 40 year old category of being ok not great level... were you need a super team around them to compete.

And GB moves forward with Love.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I don’t think they trade anyone to be honest.

Gute said as much about worried about that type of money tied up in that position and I think he is being honest in that moment.

I think GB honestly wants Aaron to be the QB for the next 3 years. Then in the fourth year release him and go with Love. The only thing getting in the way of that is Love’s development. But if it goes perfectly to plan... GB enjoys 3 glorious years with Rodgers as a premier QB before he falls into the 40 year old category of being ok not great level... were you need a super team around them to compete.

And GB moves forward with Love.

Maybe.  But it's possible that Love was graded high in the draft and they realized a more reliable backup QB is worth a draft pick in case of age (in case of a sudden drop off in two-three years) or increased injuries (unpredictable).

All the odd contract structuring (Kenny Clark's low base pay first two years) is more to try to get through a potential $175 cap next year than it says anything about Rodgers.  Green Bay will not offload Rodgers no matter how expensive he is if he's effective.  This isn't Favre 2.0.