Dolphins release Josh Rosen

pwny

On 9/8/2020 at 1:18 AM, VanS said:

I have seen too many Pro Bowlers and All Pros who were cut by one team only to make it big on another team.  Could Rosen be a bust?  Sure.  I just don't think we have seen enough to say he is a bust right now.  I see a guy who was put in some bad situations that was unable to overcome them.

In the right situation, a Kirk Cousins type career doesn't seem out of the question for Rosen.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, VanS said:

EJ Manuel also lasted longer on a 53 man roster than Kurt Warner until he started bagging groceries and found his way back into the NFL at 27 years old.

And Kurt Warner is a once in a lifetime situation. Rosen sucks bro it’s ok, we all miss on draft picks. Two teams saw him and was like omg this guy can’t play.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VanS said:

Fitzpatrick has more mobility and can make something happen out of nothing.  That sort of QB can succeed even when surrounded by subpar talent.  Rosen has poor mobility so he needs a good o-line and receivers that can separate to look good.

There actually super comparable in mobility especially at this stage in their careers poor excuse. Rosen doesn't have the pocket awareness fitz does and the game hasn't slowed down for him.

Rosen reminds me so much of Jimmy Clausen it's not even funny

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

And Kurt Warner is a once in a lifetime situation. Rosen sucks bro it’s ok, we all miss on draft picks. Two teams saw him and was like omg this guy can’t play.

I actually predicted Josh Rosen would struggle mightily if he played on a team with a poor o-line and lack of elite skill position players.  I knew he was a dependant QB that needed pieces around him to succeed like Matt Ryan and Eli Manning.  We'll see if he can ever put it together because right now he's in an ideal position with the Bucs given Brady's age and the offensive weapons on that team. 

8 hours ago, VanS said:

I actually predicted Josh Rosen would struggle mightily if he played on a team with a poor o-line and lack of elite skill position players.  I knew he was a dependant QB that needed pieces around him to succeed like Matt Ryan and Eli Manning.  We'll see if he can ever put it together because right now he's in an ideal position with the Bucs given Brady's age and the offensive weapons on that team. 

Like the 32nd best running game in 2011?   Eli threw for 6000 yards regular season and playoffs combined en route to the Superbowl that year.  I believe that is still the record.  Eli carried that team.

The only reason Eli's name should ever be mentioned in a Josh Rosen thread is in the following context : 

I can't believe some people wanted Josh Rosen drafted to replace Eli.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 2:00 PM, Joe_is_the_best said:

Maybe when Brady gets benched, it will be Rosen's chance to shine!

I never thought of this happening , but now that I think of it,  it's not the afc east anymore either xD

I expect Brady to get the team going as long as they are healthy,  they should be a playoff contender.  Thats a tough division, he left the weakest division and went to possibly the most difficult .

Edited by 3rivers

On 9/14/2020 at 11:51 AM, Gmen said:

Like the 32nd best running game in 2011?   Eli threw for 6000 yards regular season and playoffs combined en route to the Superbowl that year.  I believe that is still the record.  Eli carried that team.

The only reason Eli's name should ever be mentioned in a Josh Rosen thread is in the following context : 

I can't believe some people wanted Josh Rosen drafted to replace Eli.

dudley boyz table GIF

See, @JAF-N72EX?

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 8:46 AM, thebestever6 said:

There actually super comparable in mobility especially at this stage in their careers poor excuse. Rosen doesn't have the pocket awareness fitz does and the game hasn't slowed down for him.

Rosen reminds me so much of Jimmy Clausen it's not even funny

wrestlemania xii wrestling GIF by WWE

On 9/14/2020 at 11:43 AM, MikeT14 said:

Rosen would be SUPER good if you gave him a Pro Bowl line, Pro Bowl WRs, a Pro Bowl RB, and a great OC.

A lot of what makes most successful QBs successful is the pieces around them.  Very few can carry subpar talent to great heights.  Matt Ryan being the classic example.  A lot of people think he's great and when he's had great offensive talent around him (which has been true for most of his career) he's performed like a great QB.  Take that elite talent around him away and he becomes very average.

Not every QB is like Lamar Jackson where you can put anybody around then and they'll still look like the best player on the field.