The Everything Giannis Thread (Rumors, Speculation, and Proposals)

resilient part 2

Giannis deserves his own thread.. We really have no idea what he will be thinking now and a few months down the road. But we must admit that the chance he wants out is a legit possibility.

So with that, the Bucks need the best assets they can get.. 

What would you give up for him? the top talent in the league at 25, but may be a one year rental. What team could offer something, and feel that he would re-sign??

I would expect only young players and draft assets.. with maybe an expiring salary to match..

If no trade then the Bucksd need to trade for some totally different teammates.. give up a ton of future assets if necessary, ala LAC or OKC..

state your case gents!!!

My first suggestion.. 

Trade Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart + 1st rd 14 for Giannis as a rental.. If he agrees to re-sign, then all 3 first included..

the Bucks start the re=build with some very good young pieces.

Boston gets a lineup of

R Williams center

Giannis and Tatum forwards.

Hayward and Kemba..

Edited by resilient part 2

When you are a small market team who has a star like Giannis, you don’t trade him, they are closer to a championship next year with him than they will be for the next 10 years if they trade him. You risk losing him for nothing before you trade him for something that’s not gonna make you a contender. 

• Like 1

I really wish for Giannis to stay. I hate small market teams lose generational talent. It sucks and it’s not fun. Just sucks and I know It’s every players right! As it should! But it’s a aweful feeling and it’s not like the Bucks haven’t been trying their best. They have solid players around Giannis.