The Everything Giannis Thread (Rumors, Speculation, and Proposals)

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean, sure. Either way its a no. lol

That's fine. It's more of a "Ahhhh, man, I can't do that" than a "lol tf are you smoking" type response. That's all. This idea that it's absurd to ask for him is what I'm firmly against. One player transforms your entire team while the other is someone you HOPE can do that. 

Though, I don't care much regardless. It's all hypothetical anyways. How often have we gotten trades for superstars wrong lately? You never know what someone will pay until they do it.

let's keep in mind trading 

Giannis is based on his potential re-signing.. That being the case I only see Giannis truly loving Miami and Boston.. Miami's best 2 young assets would be Bam and Heiro plus picks.. 

Boston could offer, Brown Smart and more picks...

Others teams like Denver and PHX maybe..

who else would Giannis even consider signing with?

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

let's keep in mind trading 

Giannis is based on his potential re-signing.. That being the case I only see Giannis truly loving Miami and Boston.. Miami's best 2 young assets would be Bam and Heiro plus picks.. 

Boston could offer, Brown Smart and more picks...

Others teams like Denver and PHX maybe..

who else would Giannis even consider signing with?

I think Toronto is appealing to him but they have nothing to offer. Maybe Siakam?

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Golden State, Dallas, or either of the LA teams if they get creative to clear cap space for him. 

Giannis in Dallas with Luka and KP would be unfair. Just don't think Dallas has the ammo to pull off a trade to get him now but should have room to sign him if he makes it to FA next year.

18 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I know everyone is gonna say this wouldnt happen because teams wouldnt make a big trade without an assurance of an extension but Toronto/Claw so what are some scenarios where we see him traded and then sign with a different team?

I mean I think people say the mega deals won't happen. A lot of guys on the table even if its just a one year rental. New Orleans could offer up Jrue Holiday and maybe a pick. Warriors would probably give up their first. Toronto could offer up FVV and some picks. Clippers could do like Montrezl, Lou Williams and some picks. Rockets could offer Westbrook and some future picks. 

All this depending on if Bucks want to stay a playoff team obviously, if not they'd probably rather just get a bunch of future picks over veterans.

On 9/14/2020 at 10:12 AM, Deadpulse said:

I know everyone is gonna say this wouldnt happen because teams wouldnt make a big trade without an assurance of an extension but Toronto/Claw so what are some scenarios where we see him traded and then sign with a different team?

The Kawhi situation was very different though. He was basically refusing to play for the Spurs and his draft stock wasn't nearly as high as Giannis because he was coming off of an injury. 

On 9/15/2020 at 4:20 AM, MookieMonstah said:

I mean I think people say the mega deals won't happen. A lot of guys on the table even if its just a one year rental. New Orleans could offer up Jrue Holiday and maybe a pick. Warriors would probably give up their first. Toronto could offer up FVV and some picks. Clippers could do like Montrezl, Lou Williams and some picks. Rockets could offer Westbrook and some future picks. 

All this depending on if Bucks want to stay a playoff team obviously, if not they'd probably rather just get a bunch of future picks over veterans.

I really can't see the Bucks giving up the last potential year of their championship window with an MVP player in his prime without a huge haul in return. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I really can't see the Bucks giving up the last potential year of their championship window with an MVP player in his prime without a huge haul in return. 

Yeah you might be right but unless they make a decent move I don’t think they’re the best team in the East. Depending on Brooklyn they might not even be the 3rd or 4th best team in the East come playoff time. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah you might be right but unless they make a decent move I don’t think they’re the best team in the East. Depending on Brooklyn they might not even be the 3rd or 4th best team in the East come playoff time. 

That's debatable but either way having Giannis still gives them a chance to win a title. While trading him for someone like Jrue Holiday, FVV, or Westbrook guarantees they have no chance. 

On 9/15/2020 at 6:20 AM, MookieMonstah said:

That's a list of awful offers for Giannis.  I'd rather stare down Giannis and tell him to walk away from the supermax than accept any of those deals.  The only one that might even garner some interest would be the Warriors, but I'm not taking back Wiggins under any circumstances.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's a list of awful offers for Giannis.  I'd rather stare down Giannis and tell him to walk away from the supermax than accept any of those deals.  The only one that might even garner some interest would be the Warriors, but I'm not taking back Wiggins under any circumstances.

Yeah, the one year rental scenario isn't happening with Giannis. Kawhi was coming off of an injury plagued season and wanted out of San Antonio so they were forced to trade him. 

1 minute ago, Tetsujin said:

Im wondering if the Heat should now not pursue him if he becomes a FA because of the success they’re experiencing. Maybe use that money on multiple players that fit what they’re trying to do.

I highly doubt that Giannis is going to get traded, they're going to try and build a championship team around him this offseason by adding a few more pieces in whatever way they can.