rackcs

Rack's 2021 Mock Draft - 1st Edition up now

13 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

You don't need a Top 5 pick to get a good LT. I think in the 2021 draft especially, I'd rather have the #3 OT and another good pick, than Sewell- even if he's a HOF'er. You'll end up setting the market just to retain that guy.

You don't need a top 5 pick to get someone good at any position. And if you pass on a HOF level talent because you don't want to set the market well that's just terrible decision making. The whole point of the draft is to get the best players, not take mediocre talent because you're scared to pay anyone.

6 hours ago, rackcs said:

So do you think they'd go QB this draft or wait until that one?

If we can grab one I think this year. Gives them a year to sit under Cousins before taking over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

You don't need a top 5 pick to get someone good at any position. And if you pass on a HOF level talent because you don't want to set the market well that's just terrible decision making. The whole point of the draft is to get the best players, not take mediocre talent because you're scared to pay anyone.

In 2021, it looks like you can get a good OT later in R1. Spending a Top 5 pick on any blocker isn't worth it when you could get a bigtime player at a more impacftul position in the Top 5.

Edited by Tetsujin

Torn on the Pats' pick of the WR in the first round.

On the one hand, we absolutely need a number 1 WR, so it makes sense. On the other hand, we cannot draft WRs. None of them have worked for....since I can remember, actually. One of the few chinks in Bill's armour. 

I'd like a LB in the middle of 1st if value is there

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

In 2021, it looks like you can get a good OT later in R1. Spending a Top 5 pick on any blocker isn't worth it when you could get a bigtime player at a more impacftul position in the Top 5.

I don't think any of those guys are sure things and I think many of them won't be considered first round picks by the time the draft rolls around. Passing on one of the best offensive lineman in over a decade to take a guy like Rasheed Walker or Jackson Carman should be a fireable offense for whatever GM makes that horrible decision. If you don't need to take a QB and have any sort of need on the OL, Sewell should be the pick.

Also I don't what world you're living in where LT is not a valuable position. It's easily one of the most valuable positions in football.

Edited by rackcs

17 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I don't think any of those guys are sure things and I think many of them won't be considered first round picks by the time the draft rolls around. Passing on one of the best offensive lineman in over a decade to take a guy like Rasheed Walker or Jackson Carman should be a fireable offense for whatever GM makes that horrible decision. If you don't need to take a QB and have any sort of need on the OL, Sewell should be the pick.

And I was recently reviewing some of the top teams 1st round picks over the decade. You had Eric Fisher #1 and Ronnie Stanley drafted at #6, and after that, teams like the Pats, Ravens, Broncos, Chiefs, Steelers, used a first rounder on an OL very infrequently, and if they did, it was mid-to-late because of their record. Then I look at a team like the Cowboys constantly drafting 1st round OL then paying them all big money.

I don't think the ROI on an "elite" OT is worth it over a "really good" LT. I'd rather trade down have the really good LT + a Day 2 pick. That's where you need to trust your scouts.

Good pick for the Bucs. A lot of the key pieces on our DL are getting older and Shaq isn't exactly living up to expectations after 2 games. We are in a place where we can take BPA at almost any position.

On 9/5/2020 at 5:39 AM, rackcs said:

27. San Francisco 49ers: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia

Almost all of San Francisco's CBs are going to be free agents this upcoming offseason so I expect them to likely spend at least one pick on the position. Campbell is one of multiple Georgia CBs who could be legit draft prospects next season and the best of the bunch. Some have him higher than this but I'd like to see a little more first.

Can't argue with that!

But keep in mind Paulson Adebo is also available, and if they are close, then I'm sure John Lynch will pick the Stanford player.