Rack's 2021 Mock Draft - 2nd and 3rd round mock now posted

rackcs

5 hours ago, rackcs said:

Well I do expect a new regime to be in place so maybe things will be different but I'll keep that in mind until a change is made.

If we're picking 13th, it's possible that they keep Quintricia around. The Colts landed here with a 7-9 record. That's the minimum record that I think (others will disagree on this) where Quinn and/or Patricia could have a shot at sticking around. If we win this game against New Orleans, which isn't out of the question with a declining Brees and Thomas coming back from injury, we're entering the bye week at 2-2. Until they either are on track for another 3-13 season or have already made a coaching change, I would assume that they're keeping the coaching staff in place as it is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Not a big fan of Brown.    But I like the position,      Surratt in the 1st is amazing.

I'm with you on Brown, not a huge fan either. For early mocks especially though I tend to mostly go with consensus rankings as I obviously haven't watched a lot of players myself. Positions I think are more important in these early mocks than the individual players.

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm with you on Brown, not a huge fan either. For early mocks especially though I tend to mostly go with consensus rankings as I obviously haven't watched a lot of players myself. Positions I think are more important in these early mocks than the individual players.

Haven’t done much with Centers, but I’d put that as the biggest need along our OL.. but won’t complain with any need blood up front. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rackcs said:

Well I do expect a new regime to be in place so maybe things will be different but I'll keep that in mind until a change is made.

If you do go LB here, KJ Britt would fit that mold. He's 6'0 and 243 lbs according to ESPN. I'd be jumping for joy with a Lions draft that included a dominant NT (Wilson) and an upgrade in the LB corp (Britt). 

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If you do go LB here, KJ Britt would fit that mold. He's 6'0 and 243 lbs according to ESPN. I'd be jumping for joy with a Lions draft that included a dominant NT (Wilson) and an upgrade in the LB corp (Britt). 

He could definitely fit in that type of range in the 2nd round so that's a possibility for my next mock.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

He could definitely fit in that type of range in the 2nd round so that's a possibility for my next mock.

Yes, I used your mock for potential targets to lend a hand. Could also use one of those WR's but I feel like someone will be available in the 3rd to fit that role. 

• Like 1

Jags draft is meh.

Waddle sure.

Leatherwood eh rather have Twyman so we can up the talent at 3tech. 

Ettiene hard pass.  Gruden uses a committee everywhere hes been.  Id like to see a te here(friermuth or Jordan) because eifert and James o'shaughnessy are either older or just average while josh oliver is very much unproven and injury-prone. 

Tuefele is fine but if we get Twyman earlier really don't see the point of taking him when Hamilton has played well. I'd like to see either a safety or cb like paris ford or a cb. 

On 9/29/2020 at 1:54 PM, rackcs said:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

Nice effort in the mock. However I have no issue with the player but he is not a fit for the Pats defense. He plays LB at 215 lbs which doesn't match Pats type at all. IMO  the Pats would be running up to the table to get Underwood. You have Wynn (current LT) and Underwood as bookends for 10 plus. WOW

PS  I will be shocked if he last that long. The Bengals should pick him or trade down in a range to get OL. It's a must if the want to see Borrow survive!

15 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Nice effort in the mock. However I have no issue with the player but he is not a fit for the Pats defense. He plays LB at 215 lbs which doesn't match Pats type at all. IMO  the Pats would be running up to the table to get Underwood. You have Wynn (current LT) and Underwood as bookends for 10 plus. WOW

PS  I will be shocked if he last that long. The Bengals should pick him or trade down in a range to get OL. It's a must if the want to see Borrow survive!

I think you're talking about Leatherwood? He's been getting heavily exposed this year. He looks like he's much better suited at OG in the pros if anything. 

16 hours ago, rackcs said:

I think you're talking about Leatherwood? He's been getting heavily exposed this year. He looks like he's much better suited at OG in the pros if anything. 

My bad.  Do you have anything that talks about his negative play and moving to guard.  I have seen his profile and his negatives however they are correctable.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/alex-leatherwood/3DhRvgRBmc

20 minutes ago, m haynes said:

My bad.  Do you have anything that talks about his negative play and moving to guard.  I have seen his profile and his negatives however they are correctable.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/alex-leatherwood/3DhRvgRBmc

I don't really have a source for it because it's my personal opinion just having watched him play but he is just giving up a lot of pressure on the edge. Doesn't seem like he can handle athleticism or speed from the outside. I honestly just don't like him as a prospect period but if he does go to the NFL I don't see how he'll last on the outside. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mock Draft 3.0
Threw this together last night while watching the NBA Draft, it really got me in the mood for some mocking. I wanted to get to three rounds with this where to see where I'm at as far as prospects go and definitely I started getting a little shaky towards the middle-end of the third. Gonna have to dig a little deeper into some positions. I wanted to write out rationales for all three rounds but I just don't have the time so I am more than happy to share my thought process on any of my pics if you're interested.

Round 1
1. New York Jets: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson - The obvious choice. The Jets need a QB and Lawrence is one of the best to come along in a while. I know there's a lot of chatter about him going to back to school to avoid the Jets but I think that's just dumb media clickbait that they love to talk about. 

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State - I liked Minshew Mania but it's clear at this point that he is not the guy. Some think Fields shouldn't go this high and some think he should be challenging for QB1. I'm in neither camp but think he is solidly QB2 and deserves to go here.

3. Washington Football Team: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU - This pick basically comes down to if the Football Team likes Zach Wilson or not. If they think he can be a franchise QB, you have to take him. If not I think they likely go for a guy like Penei Sewell. I've read that Wilson has a lot of fans in the NFL so I think especially as the season goes on and he continues to play well he will solidify himself as a top draft pick.

4. Dallas Cowboys: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon - To be entirely honest, Dallas would likely trade down here to a team like the Chargers or Bengals who want Penei Sewell. They could get a nice haul and then take one of the top CBs on the board. However, I'm not predicting trades and I think they would be foolish to pass on Sewell. Tyron Smith has been aging and injury prone and Sewell could be a nice replacement down the line. In the meantime slide him in at RT and move Collins inside. Now you've got a dominant OL again, which is what the Cowboys had when they were looking good. 

5. Los Angeles Chargers: Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama - I think this is a slight reach but unfortunately for LA, the top OL just went off the board a pick earlier and there are no other ones worth taking right here. That's fine though because they also need help at CB. I had some concerns about Surtain entering this year but he's looked good so far. He's not my personal CB1 but I think it's likely he'll go first because of his NFL bloodlines and being a Bama player.

6. Miami Dolphins (via Houston Texans) - Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU - The Dolphins have some good WRs but none are game changers the way that Chase is. You don't pass up on a talent like this for guys like Preston Williams and DeVante Parker. This is especially true when you have a young QB. Tua has looked good so getting him a WR of Chase's caliber would be great for his continued development.

7. Cincinnati Bengals: Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami - I strongly considered reaching slightly here for Wyatt Davis but I think there's actually some decent depth to this OL class so instead the Bengals can address another big need here. I will say that I think as we get to the offseason and the draft process starts, Rousseau is going to fall a bit. I think his tape last year was only so-so despite the production and he could've used another good year to really solidify his high placement in the draft. Not to mention Kwity Paye is lighting it the hell up, but more on him later.

8. New York Giants: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech - The Giants absolutely have to find someone to play opposite James Bradberry. They cut the guy they had starting at the beginning of the year after he was beat out by a guy they traded a 7th rounder for. Then that guy got beat out by someone else only to get the job back when that guy got injured. The CB musical chair needs to stop and they do that here by grabbing Farley, my personal CB1.

9. Carolina Panthers: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State - This is such a great fit from both the team and player perspective. The Panthers have played around with different players at the LB spot since Kuechley retired but none of them worked and they still have a hole at the position. Enter Parsons, an elite LB prospect who I think would go higher if not for positional concerns. The Panthers however need a LB badly and continue the youth movement on defense after going all defense last year.

10. Atlanta Falcons: Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan - Paye has been an absolute beast so far this year and is showing off his freakish combination of size and athleticism. The Falcons have whiffed on so many pass rushers over the year but have to continue at it until they find the guy. I really think Paye could finally be the one. He's got such a motor and is so powerful at the line of scrimmage.

11. Denver Broncos: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State - I was definitely a Lock believer coming into the season but he has certainly not looked the part. I guess it's back to Elway's endless search for a QB and they go for Lance here. Taking him at 11 is much more palatable than spending a top 5 pick on him as the tools are all there but it's going to take time for him to adjust. You can either roll with Lock for one more season (or more likely half a season) or sign a bridge QB while Lance rides the bench and learns.

12. San Francisco 49ers: Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina - I really love this fit. The 49ers are desperately going to need CB help this offseason as I believe all (or at least almost all) of their current CBs are going to be free agents. Horn was having a great season before recently opting out and I think the 49ers will love his physicality and the way he just bullies WRs.

13: Detroit Lions: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama - This is another great fit. Stafford is aging but he's still got arm strength to spare and having a true speed threat like Waddle would be awesome to see. The Lions need to give Stafford more to work with as it's a shame how they've wasted his career.

14. Minnesota Vikings: Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio State - Wyatt Davis could go a bit earlier than this (I almost reached for him at 7 to the Bengals) so the Vikings are glad that he falls to them here. Ezra Cleveland has been playing well at OG for them but they could use an upgrade on the other side. Not to mention both of their OTs are free agents after next season and Cleveland will likely kick out to OT at that point. This pick helps them now but also gives them a solidified presence on the OL when the time comes where they need to shuffle it around.

15. New England Patriots: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama - DeVonta Smith is extremely good and I think could also go higher than his draft slot here. He does so many things so well and I think that's what Belichick will love about him. Their WR group right now is abysmal and needs an infusion of actual talent.

16. Chicago Bears: Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame - The Bears don't have many needs but OL is definitely one of them. This draft doesn't have any top tier OT talents outside of Sewell but the second tier is deep and strong. Right now there is no consensus on the order of that second tier but I've personally got Eichenberg atop it. He'll fit in nicely on that OL and should help Foles/Trubisky (or whoever else may end up starting for the Bears 👀)

17. Cleveland Browns: Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah, LB, Notre Dame - The Browns need some help at all levels of the defense so they basically should just go BPA on defense. Here that is Owusu-Koromoah, who I think will continue to rise throughout the draft process. He is exactly the kind of athletic LB with coverage skills that teams are gravitating towards. 

18. Tennessee Titans: Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami - The Titans tried out Vic Beasley but that didn't work out. They've got Clowney but who knows if he'll re-sign next season or move on. The fact is that they need pass rush help. Roche looked good at Temple and has looked good for Miami this year as well even if his sack numbers aren't super high.

19. Philadelphia Eagles: Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State - The Eagles just need help all over the back 7 on defense. Wade has had some issues as he transitions from the slot to working outside but he's also had some good flashes. I personally think long term he can work on the outside but even if he doesn't you know you've got a good slot CB.

20. Arizona Cardinals: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida - The Cardinals have a couple of bigger needs on defense but Pitts is such a steal here. I think Pitts could go as high as slipping into the top 10 so getting him down here is nice. Pitts would be so nice in that Arizona offense and just make them even more explosive.

21. New York Jets (via Seattle): Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota - What do you do when you take a franchise QB? You give him talent to work with. New York's receiving options have all had flashes this year but none of them have been consistent enough to pass on Bateman here. Bateman and Mims could develop into a big WR duo for Lawrence.

22. Miami Dolphins: Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas - I like Ossai a lot and think he'll wind up going in about this range. He'd be a nice fit for the Dolphins, who could use the pass rush help. Ossai is more versatile than that also as he has shown off some coverage ability with Texas this year.

23. Indianapolis Colts: Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas - Another Texas player comes off the board here. Castonzo has flirted with retirement and could be finally following through this offseason. In that case the Colts will need to find a replacement and land a potential one here in Cosmi.

24. Baltimore Ravens: Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma - The Ravens have tried a number of OL combinations this year partly due to injury and also partly due to iOL struggles. Humphrey comes in and can fill in any of those spots.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars: Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech - Much like with the Jets, the Jaguars are going to use their second first round pick to build around their new franchise QB. They go with protection here to help keep Fields on his feet. Darrisaw is a recent riser here and it's easy to see why. I've seen some inconsistencies on tape but he's a very good player and I think will continue developing into a good player.

26. Las Vegas Raiders: Jevon Holland, S, Oregon - Holland just feels like a great Raiders pick. He has really nice versatility in that he can play all over, at safety, in the box, at nickel. He's good both in coverage and as a run defender. Mayock and Gruden will like this guy.

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jay Tufele, INT, USC - Tampa is in absolute win now mode. They're likely not going to be able to afford to bring back some of their defenders like Ndamukong Suh. Enter Tufele, who is I think the most pro ready INT guy in this draft.

28. Buffalo Bills: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia - Tre'Davious White is a great CB but the Bills have pretty much nothing across from him. They tried bringing in Josh Norman but he just looks pretty done. Campbell is a CB with all the tools you could ask for. 

29: Green Bay Packers: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue - I know there are plenty of Packers fans who don't think the team will take a round 1 WR but they've gotta do something at the position. Moore is as explosive a playmaker as you'll find in this draft but has some injury concerns.

30. Kansas City Chiefs: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC - I really liked Vera-Tucker's tape from last season and thought he could be a late first round kind of guy based on his play at OG alone. This season he's been moved out to OT and has continued his high level of play. The Chiefs could use the interior help here for sure.

31. New Orleans Saints: Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia - The Saints are a team without many needs...for now. They're going to need to get much cheaper at many positions with their cap situation. One area where they could get some savings is at CB by cutting Janoris Jenkins. If they do that they can bring in Stokes to replace him.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jaylen Mayfield, OT, Michigan - Mayfield is such a Steelers pick, it makes so much sense. Fills a need of course but Steelers love their Big 10 underclassmen with a mean streak.

Round 2
1. New York Jets: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jordan Davis, INT, Georgia
3. Dallas Cowboys: Paris Ford, S, Pittsburgh
4. Los Angeles Chargers: Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
5. Miami Dolphins (via Houston): Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
6. Washington Football Team: Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU
7. Cincinnati Bengals: Alex Leatherwood, OT/OG, Alabama
8. Carolina Panthers: Derion Kendrick, CB, Clemson
9. New York Giants: Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia
10. Denver Broncos: Dylan Moses, LB, Georgia
11. Atlanta Falcons: Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State
12. San Francisco 49ers: Josh Myers, C, Ohio State
13. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Minnesota): Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami
14. New England Patriots: Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina
15. Detroit Lions: Carlos Basham Jr., EDGE, Wake Forest
16. Chicago Bears: Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
17. Tennessee Titans: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington
18. Cleveland Browns: Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
19. Philadelphia Eagles: Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri
20. Seattle Seahawks: Patrick Jones II, EDGE, Pittsburgh
21. Miami Dolphins: Cameron McGrone, LB, Michigan
22. Indianapolis Colts: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
23. Baltimore Ravens: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
24. Arizona Cardinals: Hamilcar Rashed Jr., EDGE, Oregon State
25. Las Vegas Raiders: Marvin Wilson, INT, Florida State
26. Los Angeles Rams: Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State
27. Buffalo Bills: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
29. Green Bay Packers: Jaylen Twyman, INT, Pittsburgh
30. Kansas City Chiefs: Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
31. New Orleans Saints: Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

Round 3
1. New York Jets: Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
3. Los Angeles Chargers: Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee
4. Houston Texans: Victor Dimukeje, EDGE, Duke
5. Washington Football Team: Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson
6. Dallas Cowboys: T.J. Carter, CB, Memphis
7. Cincinnati Bengals: Walker Little, OT, Stanford
8. New York Giants: Ben Cleveland, OG, Georgia
9. Carolina Panthers: Hunter Long, TE, Boston College
10. Atlanta Falcons: Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State
11. Denver Broncos: Abraham Lucas, OT, Washington State
12. Washington Football Team (via San Francisco): Richard LeCounte III, S, Georgia
13. New England Patriots: Forfeited
14. Detroit Lions: Christian Barmore, INT, Alabama
15. Minnesota Vikings: Darius Stills, INT, West Virginia
16. Chicago Bears: Seth Williams, WR, Auburn
17. Cleveland Browns: Kary Vincent Jr., CB, LSU
18. Tennesee Titans: Tyler Shelvin, INT, LSU
19. Philadelphia Eagles: Bubba Bolden, S, Miami
20. Miami Dolphins: Alec Lindstrom, C, Boston College
21. Indianapolis Colts: Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State
22. Minnesota Vikings (via Baltimore): Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami
23. Arizona Cardinals: Chase Lucas, CB, Arizona State
24. New York Jets (via Seattle): Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina