Rack's 2021 Mock Draft - 2nd and 3rd round mock now posted

rackcs

13 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

You don't need a Top 5 pick to get a good LT. I think in the 2021 draft especially, I'd rather have the #3 OT and another good pick, than Sewell- even if he's a HOF'er. You'll end up setting the market just to retain that guy.

You don't need a top 5 pick to get someone good at any position. And if you pass on a HOF level talent because you don't want to set the market well that's just terrible decision making. The whole point of the draft is to get the best players, not take mediocre talent because you're scared to pay anyone.

3 hours ago, rackcs said:

You don't need a top 5 pick to get someone good at any position. And if you pass on a HOF level talent because you don't want to set the market well that's just terrible decision making. The whole point of the draft is to get the best players, not take mediocre talent because you're scared to pay anyone.

In 2021, it looks like you can get a good OT later in R1. Spending a Top 5 pick on any blocker isn't worth it when you could get a bigtime player at a more impacftul position in the Top 5.

Edited by Tetsujin

Torn on the Pats' pick of the WR in the first round.

On the one hand, we absolutely need a number 1 WR, so it makes sense. On the other hand, we cannot draft WRs. None of them have worked for....since I can remember, actually. One of the few chinks in Bill's armour. 

I'd like a LB in the middle of 1st if value is there

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

In 2021, it looks like you can get a good OT later in R1. Spending a Top 5 pick on any blocker isn't worth it when you could get a bigtime player at a more impacftul position in the Top 5.

I don't think any of those guys are sure things and I think many of them won't be considered first round picks by the time the draft rolls around. Passing on one of the best offensive lineman in over a decade to take a guy like Rasheed Walker or Jackson Carman should be a fireable offense for whatever GM makes that horrible decision. If you don't need to take a QB and have any sort of need on the OL, Sewell should be the pick.

Also I don't what world you're living in where LT is not a valuable position. It's easily one of the most valuable positions in football.

Edited by rackcs

17 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I don't think any of those guys are sure things and I think many of them won't be considered first round picks by the time the draft rolls around. Passing on one of the best offensive lineman in over a decade to take a guy like Rasheed Walker or Jackson Carman should be a fireable offense for whatever GM makes that horrible decision. If you don't need to take a QB and have any sort of need on the OL, Sewell should be the pick.

And I was recently reviewing some of the top teams 1st round picks over the decade. You had Eric Fisher #1 and Ronnie Stanley drafted at #6, and after that, teams like the Pats, Ravens, Broncos, Chiefs, Steelers, used a first rounder on an OL very infrequently, and if they did, it was mid-to-late because of their record. Then I look at a team like the Cowboys constantly drafting 1st round OL then paying them all big money.

I don't think the ROI on an "elite" OT is worth it over a "really good" LT. I'd rather trade down have the really good LT + a Day 2 pick. That's where you need to trust your scouts.

On 9/5/2020 at 5:39 AM, rackcs said:

27. San Francisco 49ers: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia

Almost all of San Francisco's CBs are going to be free agents this upcoming offseason so I expect them to likely spend at least one pick on the position. Campbell is one of multiple Georgia CBs who could be legit draft prospects next season and the best of the bunch. Some have him higher than this but I'd like to see a little more first.

Can't argue with that!

But keep in mind Paulson Adebo is also available, and if they are close, then I'm sure John Lynch will pick the Stanford player.

I used Tankathon draft order for this with me simulating the playoffs to get the order for the end of the round. I think the draft order is going to continue to shift a lot but I thought going with this would at least make things interesting. I finished the first round and then impulsively decided to do a second round so expect the second to be much less thought out.

1st Round

1. Atlanta Falcons: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
I absolutely do not think the Falcons will be in this position come draft time but it would be very interesting to see what they would do in a situation like this. Would they move on from 35 year old Matt Ryan or take a blue chip talent? In this scenario I think the Falcons clean out the house and have a new regime in place who would be ecstatic to land a talent like Lawrence. 

2. New York Giants: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
Giants fans will probably hate this pick and want Sewell. I did strongly consider him here but in the end I felt like Andrew Thomas is playing well at LT and they might not want to move him to RT and potentially stunt his development or take Sewell to be the RT. I also think a lot of the Giants OL issues are interior related although I will obviously defer to NYG fans if they think I'm wrong. In the end they take the incredibly talented Parsons to finally give them the LB help they need.

3. Minnesota Vikings: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
Sounds like Vikings fans are ready to move on from Cousins and understandably so. I like Cousins well enough but at this point I don't think he's the guy who is going to lead you to the promised land. As with the Falcons, I would expect a clean house if the Vikings finish this low. Financially they can't get rid of Cousins yet but that's fine because it'd probably be best to give Lance time to adjust coming from playing D2 football. I did strongly consider taking Sewell because that OL is absolutely god awful.

4. Denver Broncos: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
Finally Sewell comes off the board here. From what I've heard, Bolles has looked decent and improved this year but that shouldn't stop Denver from taking Sewell here. Flip Bolles to the right side or send him inside since James will be back and then plug Sewell in at LT for the next decade or so. Lock still has a lot of tools and I think can develop into a good QB if given the right talent around him.

5. New York Jets: Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
I fully expect the Jets to finish with the first overall pick. This scenario where they're picking 5th is very interesting to me though. At this point you don't have the slam dunk guy in Lawrence on the board. Without that, do you still take a QB here in Fields or do you give Darnold a shot to succeed without Gase? I think there's a debate to be had but I personally lean towards giving the young QB one more shot. We see how improved Tannehill looks away from Gase. Give Darnold some more help and give him one more chance to prove himself as the QB.

6. Miami Dolphins (via Houston): Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami
Rousseau isn't my favorite prospect but this seems to be his range as far as the consensus is concerned. I certainly understand the hype because his tools and upside are insane. He fits a huge need here for Miami as they could use some athleticism at the EDGE position.

7. Philadelphia Eagles: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
The Eagles have needs at many different positions. I considered LB but none really fit this range. I considered WR but I think they've got enough young guys there to hold off on that position for now. I landed on CB because of the huge need there for Philly but also because Farley is one of my BPAs. Farley is great in coverage and has ball skills to go with it. I think he'll be a nice fit for the Eagles defense.

8. Cincinnati Bengals: Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
I think Humphrey is a very slight reach here at 8 but Cincinnati absolutely has to take the best OL available. Humphrey can play any of the spots on the iOL for the Bengals, giving them some versatility as they try to put the best guys on the field. Burrow is still showing off great pocket presence but it doesn't matter because the OL is so, so bad.

9. Dallas Cowboys: Jevon Holland, S, Oregon
Cowboys needs help all over their secondary and Holland has the versatility to provide help all over the secondary. Holland is listed as a safety but can really play that CB/S nickel hybrid kind of role that has become pretty popular in the league.

10. Los Angeles Chargers: Wyatt Davis, OG, Ohio State
With a young QB at the helm now, the Chargers are going to want to make sure that he is protected. Davis is a plug and play starter who should be a force in both the passing and run game from the jump.

11. New Orleans Saints: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
This is Brees's last year and while New Orleans has Taysom Hill and Jameis Winston signed, I'm not sure either is the answer. With a guy who could potentially go top 5 falling to 11 here, The Saints jump at the opportunity. They've got the two aforementioned QBs to serve as gap guys and mentors while Fields picks up the NFL game.

12. Carolina Panthers: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
The Panthers miss out on the last of the top 3 QBs by just a pick and to a division rival. While that may sting, they're at least getting an extremely exciting player out of the whole thing. Pitts is so versatile and athletic, he'll be a favorite target for Bridgewater and whatever 2022 QB the Panthers draft.

13. Detroit Lions: Marvin Wilson, INT, Florida State
Wilson has fringe top-10 talent so he's going to be a nice addition to the Lions defense. The Lions have holes all over their defense but perhaps the biggest one seems to be at the INT position. Wilson brings power to that DL and should be a force in the middle.

14. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
The Jaguars struggled without DJ Chark in the lineup for them last week. They just drafted Shenault last year but better to have more weapons than less. Waddle brings an explosive speed element to this offense that it currently lacks.

15. Miami Dolphins: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
The Dolphins take Smith here just one pick after his Alabama running mate goes. Smith would be a great fit in Miami. They have some big body guys but could use a speedy playmaker like Smith. It helps that he also already has good chemistry with their QB of the future, Tagovailoa.

16. Las Vegas Raiders: Jalen Twyman, INT, Pittsburgh
The Raiders have two nice young EDGE options on their DL but could use an interior presence as well. Twyman certainly has a lot of pass rushing upside that has people drooling but he needs to be more consistent and get better in the run game to become an NFL starter.

17. Indianapolis Colts: Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State
Wade has now opted out and then right back in. This will be an important season for him as he tries to show he's not limited to playing in the slot. Even if he is a slot-only type CB, the Colts could still be interested in him.

18. San Francisco 49ers: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
The 49ers are losing just about all of their CBs this upcoming offseason and they won't be able to retain most of these guys. They'll almost certainly be looking to the draft for help.

19. Cleveland Browns: Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama
I mocked Moses to the Browns in my last mock except the pick was much earlier. I felt it was a little bit high then but at this juncture I feel like Moses provides great value for Cleveland. They have nothing at the position outside of Mack Wilson so pairing him up with another Bama LB seems like a great call.

20. Arizona Cardinals: Christian Barmore, INT, Alabama
The Cardinals have a very young and promising team but still have a couple of holes, particularly on defense. Their DL is nothing to write home about so they grab Barmore here to be a big body up front. Barmore has been a backup on that strong Bama DL until now so he could certainly be a big riser if he hits his potential this year.

21. New England Patriots: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
A Pats fan said he'd like a LB from my last mock so here it is. This Pats defense is missing a lot of guys due to Covid opt-outs but even besides that they've got some holes on defense. I haven't gotten a chance to watch JOK yet, but I've heard great things about his athleticism and versatility.

22. Washington Football Team: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota
Washington's offense is not quite as bad as everyone thought. Haskins still is struggling a bit but with no QB worth taking here, they look to improve his weapons. Washington doesn't have much at the WR position and Bateman will be a huge addition. 

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami
This is the same pick I had for Tampa in my first mock and I'm keeping it because it makes a lot of sense. The Bucs defense has a lot of talent but one hole they do have is at EDGE. JPP is getting up there and Barrett hasn't quite looked like the same player as last year. Roche could be a nice player to add to that rotation and I think he's a great fit in a 3-4.

24. Tennessee Titans: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue. I think this is a great fit for Moore and for the Titans. The Titans have AJ Brown who is a big body possession guy but they could use an explosive playmaker at the WR position. That's exactly what Moore is. As for Moore, he's getting a great situation for him. Henry demands so much respect that Moore will likely be able to catch guys with their eyes in the backfield and get past them for big gains. Love this fit.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars: Alex Leatherwood, OG, Alabama
Jacksonville will continue to build up the offense around Minshew here to see if he's the guy. If not, their next QB will have some good pieces in place. Leatherwood I think will move inside in the pros but he should be really nice there due to his movement ability.

26. Chicago Bears: Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
I've seen some top 10 hype for Radunz but I think it's a little much. That said, he's a good player and could play on either side of the OL for the Bears. Regardless of who they use at QB, they need better protection.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
Pittsburgh is going to be in an extremely tough position going into this offseason. They've got a ton of big name players with expiring contracts and won't be able to keep them all. One of the most likely players to leave will be Alejandro Villanueva as he is aging and will likely command more money than we can afford. The Steelers grab Eichenberg here and hope he's ready to play sooner rather than later.

28. Buffalo Bills: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
This Bills squad looks so impressive, particularly on offense as Josh Allen has seemed to take a huge step forward. One position where they could still use some help is at the CB position across from Tre White.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse
This is a team with very few holes and if it weren't for the Chiefs juggernaut that just handled them on MNF, they'd almost certainly be Super Bowl favorites. One are they could use help at is safety after the surprise departure of Earl Thomas. Cisco has a nose for the ball and would be a nice fit in Baltimore.

30. Green Bay Packers: Seth Williams, WR, Auburn
We all know Green Bay needs a WR so we'll just get that out of the way. As for Seth Williams being this high, I'm basically calling my shot here. Based on last year's tape, Seth Williams is way too inconsistent to go this high. However, he is freakishly talented. He's tall, fast, and has strong hands. If he can put it all together and put in more consistent effort, he'll easily be worth a first. And looking at his first game, he seems to be on his way.

31. New York Jets (via Seattle): Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee
If they Jets are giving Darnold one more chance like I have them doing in this mock draft, they absolutely have to get him more help. They got him an elite WR at the top of the draft and here they draft him an OL to hopefully help keep him from seeing ghosts.

32. Kansas City Chiefs: Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina
This Chiefs team is ridiculously talented on both sides of the ball. One definite weakness they have though is at LB. While I'm a Willie Gay believer, it still makes sense to grab another one here in Surratt. Surratt is a guy who I think will climb a lot both during the season and also during the lead up to the draft. He's a former QB only playing LB for the second year. He has absolutely insane upside for the position.

2nd Round

1. New York Giants: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC
Here is the OL help that the Giants so desperately need. Vera-Tucker has a few technical things to improve on but is a very pro-ready kind of prospect in my mind. He may not have the same upside as some other players but I think he will be a solid iOL for a while.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (via Minnesota): Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
With their third of four picks in the top two rounds, the Jaguars can afford to take a RB here. James Robinson is a nice enough player and a good story as an UDFA starting day 1 for the Jags but adding a player like Etienne would be a game changer. He's got the kind of speed that opposing defenses have to scheme around.

3. Denver Broncos: Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
The Broncos have rookie Michael Ojemudia starting at CB and while he's shown some good flashes, they could use more help at the position. Adebo brings a different skill set from Ojemudia, hopefully creating a very complementary duo.

4. New York Jets: Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
Mekhi Becton has blown me away with how well he's playing so early on. Unfortunately one player doesn't make an OL and so the Jets add Faalele here. It doesn't seem possible but Faalele is even more monstrous than Becton, although not anywhere near as athletic. If Faalele pans out at RT, it would give the Jets one of the most physically imposing OT duos in the league.

5. Miami Dolphins (via Houston): Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
Cox transferred to LSU from ND State this offseason so there's still a lot of tape left to see how he hangs with future NFL players from the SEC. He has a lot of athletic tools at his disposal and looked really good at the DII level so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him pan out and become an early round pick. The Dolphins could use a LB like him with upside and athleticism.

6. Atlanta Falcons: Tyler Shelvin, INT, LSU
After getting their QB of the future in the first round, Atlanta grabs a big defensive building block in the second. Emphasis on the big. Shelvin weighs in at 362 pounds so certainly his weight will have to be monitored and may be a concern for many teams. He's an incredible run stopper though and I think could be a decent pass rusher. He wasn't asked to much last season but he's really good at using power and leverage to push in the pocket. 

7. Cincinnati Bengals: Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
The Bengals have some nice weapons already but AJ Green is definitely starting to lose a step. St. Brown is a guy who stood out on tape last year when I was scouting other players. He's an excellent route runner and plays with good strength for his size. The Bengals need to get Burrow help no matter how.

8. Philadelphia Eagles: Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri
I think this is a slight reach for Bolton but the Eagles desperately need help at LB. Bolton isn't strong in coverage but he's as sure a tackler as you can find. He certainly has the tools to be at least passable in coverage and if he can improve upon that this season, it'll certainly help his draft stock.

9. Los Angeles Chargers: Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington
Melvin Ingram is going to be a FA this offseason and they could look to finally move on from him. If they do, they'd be lucky to get a guy like Tryon. I really liked his tape. He's got some really nice athleticism and gets off the line quickly. I think he could look really good playing across from a guy like Joey Bosa.

10. New Orleans Saints: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
With Michael Thomas out, it's showing that the Saints need more weapons. Enter Olave, a guy who should make for a great slot receiver in the NFL. As a bonus, he's already got good chemistry with the Saints's first round pick, Justin Fields.

11. Carolina Panthers: Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
Carolina missed out on the top QBs in the first round but take a chance on the next best thing here in Trask. Trask is a smart player but in my opinion doesn't have the tools to be a consistent starter in the NFL. I think he will be a really solid backup QB though.

12. Detroit Lions: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas
Drafting Cosmi to play RT would be a smart move for the Lions as it would allow him to play to his strengths. It would also allow them to move Halapoulivaati inside where I think he'd be a better fit as well.

13. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jay Tufele, INT, USC
Jacksonville has a very mediocre defense and could use help at every level. Here they grab Tufele to play on the interior of their DL. Tufele is not a superstar at any one thing but is very good against both the past and run. A guy like that is very valuable in the mid-second round.

14. Miami Dolphins: Paris Ford, S, Pittsburgh
The Dolphins have some really good CBs but could further bolster their secondary by adding a safety like Ford. He's excellent against the run but is not asked to cover deep much. Based on his athleticism, there's a good chance he could develop those skills under Brian Flores.

15. Dallas Cowboys: Levi Onwuzurike, INT, Washington
Dallas has a very weak interior DL. Dontari Poe is old and kinda washed while Trysten Hill just isn't that good. Onwuzurike is a very strong player who thrives on the bull rush and can bring some physicality to the DL.

16. Indianapolis Colts: Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan
I actually love this fit. Anthony Costanzo talked about potentially retiring this offseason before signing a two year deal instead. There's a very real chance he won't be around much longer. Mayfield is pretty raw but has all the tools of an excellent LT. He could sit behind Costanzo for one more season before hopefully being ready to take over.

17. San Francisco 49ers: Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest
The 49ers just took a WR with their first rounder in this last draft. They've got two nice outside receivers in Deebo and Aiyuk. Enter Sage Surratt in the slot. Surratt gets overhyped by some but I think he could be a deadly weapon out of the slot with the right team. And I think a team coached by Shanahan is the right team.

18. Las Vegas Raiders: Ar'Darius Washington, S, TCU
The Raiders have one excellent young safety in Johnathan Abram but next to him is Erik Harris. The Raiders grab Washington here who is undersized but is still a strong tackler and good in coverage. 

19. Cleveland Browns: Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State
Like the Raiders, the Browns have a young safety in Grant Delpit. They aren't sure if he's good yet though. They grab Hamsah Nasirildeen here to hopefully give them a young, hard hitting safety duo.

20. Arizona Cardinals: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State
I don't think Arizona uses TEs all that much but Freiermuth was great value here for a team severely lacking at the position. I will say that I almost took Brevin Jordan here solely because I think he's a better fit for the Cardinals offense. Cardinals fans, let me know if this pick is way off base.

21. New England Patriots: Carlos Basham Jr., EDGE, Wake Forest
Basham isn't quite as good as his stock was coming into the season but he's still a very solid player and pass rusher that I think Belichick will snap up in a heartbeat. He provides good value here.

22. Washington Football Team: Jackson Carman, OT, Clemson
Washington provided Haskins with receiving help in the first round and now hopefully finds him the good LT that he desperately needs. Carman is another player who I think could rise a lot if he shows continued improvement from last season.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Josh Myers, C, Ohio State
So OL help for Brady. Brady works best when he's not getting pressured up the middle (like most QBs). Here they take a guy who will help keep him upright. Just a shame it's not an OT to replace Donovan Smith.

24. Tennessee Titans: Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State
Tennessee has Clowney and Vic Beasley on one year deals and should probably address this position sooner rather than later once they move on. Oweh has been stuck in a rotation behind more veteran players but has tremendous athletic upside. He could be a huge riser or faller depending on how he takes advantage of this opportunity.

25. Los Angeles Rams: Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan
Hutchinson is never going to be a gaudy numbers guy but he will be a consistent edge presence in both the running and passing games. The Rams could certainly use a guy like that on a defense lacking talent outside of a couple of star players.

26. Chicago Bears: Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State
Allen Robinson wants out! Or extended but mostly out! We'll see if the Bears trade him away but if they do they could use another body at that position. Wallace struggles to get separation but is so good at contested catches that it almost makes up for it. Almost.

27. Pittsburgh Steelers: Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami
The Steelers have some slightly more pressing concerns but the Ebron/McDonald duo has not worked out at TE. They make some plays but we're missing the reliable presence we had for years with Heath Miller. Jordan is a very different player but will provide some playmaking from that position.

28. Buffalo Bills: Journey Brown, RB, Penn State
The Bills have Singletary who is playing well, but could use a nice complimentary guy. Brown is fast as hell. He's a former track star still learning how to play football so he's got some great upside.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Joseph Ossai, EDGE, Texas
Ossai is a guy that I like a lot. He players a pass rushing role at Texas but drops in coverage a lot which is something you don't get from many college pass rushers. Versatility like that is something I think the Ravens will like a lot, especially since they're likely to move on from Judon.

30. Green Bay Packers: K.J. Britt, LB, Auburn
Green Bay is relying on the corpse of Christian Kirksey at LB right now and it's not working. Britt is a little undersized but is really nice against the run and decent against the pass. He can be a serviceable starter if they can coach up his coverage a little bit.

31. Seattle Seahawks: Ronnie Perkins, EDGE, Oklahoma
Seattle loves their athletic freaks at EDGE and here comes the next one. Ronnie Perkins is fast and strong and uses it fairly well. If he can be coached to be more consistent and to develop some pass rushing moves, he could be a really good player. At the very least he should hopefully be an upgrade to LJ Collier.

32. Kansas City Chiefs: Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama
And with the final pick of this mock draft, the Chiefs select Deonte Brown. Brown is more of a run blocker than a pass blocker, but boy does he move bodies. He should open up some very nice holes for CEH.

48 minutes ago, rackcs said:
2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Can't see hte Falcons moving on from Ryan after this year. They honestly couldn't with how the cap shakes out.

You think they pass on Lawrence if they have the first overall pick?

I don't see how they can, unless they get an insane deal offered to them. I think they keep Ryan for '21 and then release or trade him the following year. You don't really want to sit Lawrence a year but with the cap ramifications, they'd pretty much have to as is.

• Like 1

32. Kansas City Chiefs: Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina

32. Kansas City Chiefs: Deonte Brown, OG, Alabama

Purely based on positions, I like it. Wilson is a free agent and our LB is our weakness as is. Sure, we get LDT back after a year off. But we're set to lose Remmers, Osemele, Wylie (starting LG) and Reiter (starting C). CB is still in play as well as we have some contracts up.

As with everyone else, a lot will depend on the cap next year. Until there's official news, I'm going with the assumption that we're going to lose everyone except maybe one or two guys.

24 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't see how they can, unless they get an insane deal offered to them. I think they keep Ryan for '21 and then release or trade him the following year. You don't really want to sit Lawrence a year but with the cap ramifications, they'd pretty much have to as is.

This was my thinking as well. Even if they can't move on this season, Ryan is 35 and you've got a chance to grab a guy many think is a generational style talent at QB. Granted, I don't think they'll end up with the first pick but in this scenario I feel like you've got to take him.

19 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Purely based on positions, I like it. Wilson is a free agent and our LB is our weakness as is. Sure, we get LDT back after a year off. But we're set to lose Remmers, Osemele, Wylie (starting LG) and Reiter (starting C). CB is still in play as well as we have some contracts up.

As with everyone else, a lot will depend on the cap next year. Until there's official news, I'm going with the assumption that we're going to lose everyone except maybe one or two guys.

I'm just so so on Brown. Like I said in the mock, he's more of a run blocker than anything. Granted he's good but not everyone's cup of tea. Surratt though is a guy I really like. Last year was his first year ever playing LB after being a QB recruit. He was 2nd in the ACC in tackles and was a 1st team all-ACC pick. In his first year even playing defense he was exceptional so the sky is really the limit for him.

I think Humphrey would be a head scratcher that early, but let's go with it.  But in the second, they cure the ills by going Cosmi for RT, and Humphrey to RG.  At least that addresses the horrid line.  My preference would be Sewell, but he's put of range in this.  You should watch our line if you think we finish that far back in the order.

Plus, we just drafted Higgins to be Green's long term replacement