rackcs

Rack's 2021 Mock Draft - 2nd Edition up now (Sep 29)

5 hours ago, rackcs said:

Well I do expect a new regime to be in place so maybe things will be different but I'll keep that in mind until a change is made.

If we're picking 13th, it's possible that they keep Quintricia around. The Colts landed here with a 7-9 record. That's the minimum record that I think (others will disagree on this) where Quinn and/or Patricia could have a shot at sticking around. If we win this game against New Orleans, which isn't out of the question with a declining Brees and Thomas coming back from injury, we're entering the bye week at 2-2. Until they either are on track for another 3-13 season or have already made a coaching change, I would assume that they're keeping the coaching staff in place as it is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Not a big fan of Brown.    But I like the position,      Surratt in the 1st is amazing.

I'm with you on Brown, not a huge fan either. For early mocks especially though I tend to mostly go with consensus rankings as I obviously haven't watched a lot of players myself. Positions I think are more important in these early mocks than the individual players.

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I'm with you on Brown, not a huge fan either. For early mocks especially though I tend to mostly go with consensus rankings as I obviously haven't watched a lot of players myself. Positions I think are more important in these early mocks than the individual players.

Haven’t done much with Centers, but I’d put that as the biggest need along our OL.. but won’t complain with any need blood up front. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rackcs said:

Well I do expect a new regime to be in place so maybe things will be different but I'll keep that in mind until a change is made.

If you do go LB here, KJ Britt would fit that mold. He's 6'0 and 243 lbs according to ESPN. I'd be jumping for joy with a Lions draft that included a dominant NT (Wilson) and an upgrade in the LB corp (Britt). 

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

If you do go LB here, KJ Britt would fit that mold. He's 6'0 and 243 lbs according to ESPN. I'd be jumping for joy with a Lions draft that included a dominant NT (Wilson) and an upgrade in the LB corp (Britt). 

He could definitely fit in that type of range in the 2nd round so that's a possibility for my next mock.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

He could definitely fit in that type of range in the 2nd round so that's a possibility for my next mock.

Yes, I used your mock for potential targets to lend a hand. Could also use one of those WR's but I feel like someone will be available in the 3rd to fit that role. 

• Like 1

Jags draft is meh.

Waddle sure.

Leatherwood eh rather have Twyman so we can up the talent at 3tech. 

Ettiene hard pass.  Gruden uses a committee everywhere hes been.  Id like to see a te here(friermuth or Jordan) because eifert and James o'shaughnessy are either older or just average while josh oliver is very much unproven and injury-prone. 

Tuefele is fine but if we get Twyman earlier really don't see the point of taking him when Hamilton has played well. I'd like to see either a safety or cb like paris ford or a cb. 

On 9/29/2020 at 1:54 PM, rackcs said:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

Nice effort in the mock. However I have no issue with the player but he is not a fit for the Pats defense. He plays LB at 215 lbs which doesn't match Pats type at all. IMO  the Pats would be running up to the table to get Underwood. You have Wynn (current LT) and Underwood as bookends for 10 plus. WOW

PS  I will be shocked if he last that long. The Bengals should pick him or trade down in a range to get OL. It's a must if the want to see Borrow survive!

15 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Nice effort in the mock. However I have no issue with the player but he is not a fit for the Pats defense. He plays LB at 215 lbs which doesn't match Pats type at all. IMO  the Pats would be running up to the table to get Underwood. You have Wynn (current LT) and Underwood as bookends for 10 plus. WOW

PS  I will be shocked if he last that long. The Bengals should pick him or trade down in a range to get OL. It's a must if the want to see Borrow survive!

I think you're talking about Leatherwood? He's been getting heavily exposed this year. He looks like he's much better suited at OG in the pros if anything. 

16 hours ago, rackcs said:

I think you're talking about Leatherwood? He's been getting heavily exposed this year. He looks like he's much better suited at OG in the pros if anything. 

My bad.  Do you have anything that talks about his negative play and moving to guard.  I have seen his profile and his negatives however they are correctable.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/alex-leatherwood/3DhRvgRBmc

20 minutes ago, m haynes said:

My bad.  Do you have anything that talks about his negative play and moving to guard.  I have seen his profile and his negatives however they are correctable.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/alex-leatherwood/3DhRvgRBmc

I don't really have a source for it because it's my personal opinion just having watched him play but he is just giving up a lot of pressure on the edge. Doesn't seem like he can handle athleticism or speed from the outside. I honestly just don't like him as a prospect period but if he does go to the NFL I don't see how he'll last on the outside. 

• Like 1