Rack's 2021 Mock Draft - 2nd and 3rd round mock now posted

rackcs

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I LOVE the Steelers picks in this newest one. Nice work. Brings a bunch of nasty to the Steelers. 

Yeah, at this point in the process this is what I'm hoping for. Not sure Harris actually makes it to the end of the 2nd though.

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

Love the Bengals first two picks. I have a question though. Why two tackles, does one of them play guard, or do you see Williams moving inside or continue to always be hurt, or just BPA and depth?  Good job though. 

I see Leatherwood as exclusively an OG so that was my thought process there. He struggles too much on the outside too last.

50 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Give me Paye (Michigan) at  DE over Rousseau at this point.  If we go OT in the second, just go guard in the 3rd (Ben Cleveland).  The only way I move Jonah Williams is if we get Sewell in the first.  Or double dip at DE in the second with Basham, while grabbing Little in the third

See above about the OT/OG thing. I should've just listed Leatherwood as solely a guard since that's where I think he'll end up. And I agree about Paye being better and I strongly considered it. I try to take consensus into account with my mocks at least somewhat so that's why I ultimately went with Rousseau.

40 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Ossai would be OK but Miami isn't in dire need of passrush help.

I used a fan-submitted team needs survey and they listed EDGE as Miami's biggest need so that's why I figured he would be a good fit.

I would be awfully tempted to just double down at OG,   if Trey Smith is still on the board in the 2nd.    

I don't have a problem with the players selected though.     DeAndre Baker "may" take CB off a needs list,    but who knows what happens with him.

8 hours ago, rackcs said:

15. New England Patriots: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

Great Mock thanks.

I really like the player however I'm not sure I would take him over Pitts. Based on your draft the Pats past on Jones and  Trask,  which leaves the Pats with Newton at QB. The reason for Pitts is Cam can't throw the long ball and his accuracy is average at best. The injured shoulder has really effected his throwing motion and he's not the same player .  Pitts would be much more effective in the Pats current offense with Cam at QB throwing short passes over the middle.

Question. What is your reason for the Pats passing on Jones and Trask, after those two, I don't see any QBs left taking.

Edited by m haynes

6 hours ago, rackcs said:

I used a fan-submitted team needs survey and they listed EDGE as Miami's biggest need so that's why I figured he would be a good fit.

Early in the season, I'd agree. Now I think we need a dangerous WR and an ILB (or 2) that are big, fast, and athletic.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, samsel23 said:

I would be awfully tempted to just double down at OG,   if Trey Smith is still on the board in the 2nd.    

I don't have a problem with the players selected though.     DeAndre Baker "may" take CB off a needs list,    but who knows what happens with him.

We'll see about Baker. Iirc, he wasn't exactly a difference maker even before all of that stuff went down. And interesting thought about doubling down on OG. C is a need for you guys as well correct?

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

Great Mock thanks.

I really like the player however I'm not sure I would take him over Pitts. Based on your draft the Pats past on Jones and  Trask,  which leaves the Pats with Newton at QB. The reason for Pitts is Cam can't throw the long ball and his accuracy is average at best. The injured shoulder has really effected his throwing motion and he's not the same player .  Pitts would be much more effective in the Pats current offense with Cam at QB throwing short passes over the middle.

Question. What is your reason for the Pats passing on Jones and Trask, after those two, I don't see any QBs left taking.

Idk I just don't think Belichick is going to want to go full rebuild around some 2nd round QBs. He's nearing the end of his coaching career most likely and I don't think he's going to want to wait for those guys to fully develop to be competitive. And as for the Pitts vs Smith thing, I've heard many Pats fans say they prefer a WR to a TE. And also I think you've got more interesting young talent at TE than at WR.

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

Early in the season, I'd agree. Now I think we need a dangerous WR and an ILB (or 2) that are big, fast, and athletic.

I'll keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Those are absolutely the top 2 needs for Miami.  

I say 2 ILB's because I think they wanna upgrade from Baker. He can cover reasonably well, but he's more of a "run n' chase" LB who doesn't contain run plays well. I think he has a spot in the LB rotation for a lesser role.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:51 AM, rackcs said:

8. New York Giants: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech - The Giants absolutely have to find someone to play opposite James Bradberry. They cut the guy they had starting at the beginning of the year after he was beat out by a guy they traded a 7th rounder for. Then that guy got beat out by someone else only to get the job back when that guy got injured. The CB musical chair needs to stop and they do that here by grabbing Farley, my personal CB1.

I loved the Bradberry pick up and after being burnt in the draft by several cornerback pickups.  Wouldn't be surprised if they don't continue to fill via the free agency.  

I'd really like to see the Giants pick up a top edge player, but the line seems to be playing tough football on defense, so I'm leaning wide out if it doesn't require reaching.  Golden Tate is likely gone after this year and while I like the other receivers none of them at least this point in their careers would be considered an elite receiver.

Anyway that's my 2 cents and as always appreciate you taking the time to do these.