Rasul Douglas' future position

Jlash

7 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Why don't they put Douglas up on receivers so he can jam the crap out of them? He's a big dude.

I think we should start doing that more. Have the safeties play over the top while Douglas and Mills try to throw off the timing of the opposing offense by getting their hands on receivers.

because that would make sense and our head coach is doug pederson. 

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

because that would make sense and our head coach is doug pederson. 

That's all Schwartz. 

And they can't put him in full press because he doesn't have the recovery speed. If he doesn't maul someone at the line he'll be beat instantly. 

@Nabbs4u I don't really consider it just getting beat by a good route runner. He got run away from by a guy who doesn't really run away from people. 

I know he's not going anywhere this year, and probably  not next year. That's why I titled this his 'future' position because I think once our secondary gets healthy he won't fit, especially if he's got a glaring weakness out there. He's in the fortunate position that if he isn't fast enough to play corner, he's got the size and skills to play safety like our very own Malcolm Jenkins. 

8 hours ago, Jlash said:

That's all Schwartz. 

And they can't put him in full press because he doesn't have the recovery speed. If he doesn't maul someone at the line he'll be beat instantly. 

@Nabbs4u I don't really consider it just getting beat by a good route runner. He got run away from by a guy who doesn't really run away from people. 

I know he's not going anywhere this year, and probably  not next year. That's why I titled this his 'future' position because I think once our secondary gets healthy he won't fit, especially if he's got a glaring weakness out there. He's in the fortunate position that if he isn't fast enough to play corner, he's got the size and skills to play safety like our very own Malcolm Jenkins. 

Route running and setting up a CB accomplishes just that though. So a WR who runs a 4.6 can appear to be faster if done correctly. The GOAT Jerry Rice is the Poster Child for such a thing. 

I'm not saying Speed doesn't matter at all but technique and Football IQ is far more important. That's all. Darby runs a 4.2/3 and has been Burnt dozens times in his short career and even as a Eagle. Just saying.

On 10/2/2017 at 12:18 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Not worried about it to much. Rookie CB getting abused by one of the better Route runners in the NFL? To be expected! Let's not get caught up in 40 times as the tell tell sign for success in the NFL as a CB or WR.

Footwork ,Technique and Football IQ is what matters most. Whether he has that, gets that, continues to grow with that remains to be seen.

This.

Let's be patient. For a rookie, I like what Ive seen from Rasul. He actually has talent at cb. Lets talk about the real problem here, Mills.

Archived