Today: Cut-down Day ....

KC_Guy

It looks set that they will keep all the drafted rookies on the roster. I would not be surprised if one or two UDFA were kept as well--one DB and/or one PR/WR. I would not be surprised if they went with only 3 RB and Sherman or only two TE. Either way the point is to take a 7th WR, probably Fortson.

On defense, six DE. The tension is between a sixth LB and a fourth DT. Wharton seems to be the name to know in this discussion. The CB seem to be set, because of the space available with Breeland out. Questions are about which safeties after Mathieu, Thornhill and Sorensen. 

Darkhorse names--Shelton-Mosley WR/PR, Daniel Helm TE, Rodney Clemons  S, Tershawn Wharton DT. 

J

Not all that shocking Kemp made it,  I said back when he was cut it was likely only because veteran prices went up and we needed to be under the cap.

I don’t see it,  but the coaches love him.  He spent a lot of time at move TE last preseason... could mean we’re only keeping 2 TE’s.   I do like his blocking abilities

(2)QB:  P. Mahomes / C. Henne

(4)RB:  CEH / Dar. Williams / D. Thompson / A. Sherman

(6)WR:  T. Hill / S. Watkins / M. Hardman / D. Robinson / B. Pringle / M. Kemp

(4)TE: T. Kelce / N. Keizer / R. Seals-Jones / D. Yelder

(9)OL: E. Fisher / K. Osemele/ A. Reiter / A. Wylie / M. Schwartz / N. Allegretti / D. Kilgore / M. Remmers / Y. Durant 

(6)DE: F. Clark / T. Kpassagnon / A. Okafor / M. Danna / T. Charlton / D. Harris 

(4)DT: C. Jones / D. Nnadi / K. Saunders / T. Wharton 

(5)LB: A. Hitchens / D. Wilson / B. Niemann / W. Gay / D. O’Daniel

(5)CB: C. Ward / R. Fenton / A. Hamilton / L. Sneed / B. Keyes 

(5)S: T. Mathieu / J. Thornhill / D. Sorensen / T. Thompson / A. Watts

(1)K:  H. Butker

(1)P: T. Townsend 

(1)LS: J. Winchester 

(2)Susp:   Bashaud Breeland / Mike Pennel

(1)PUP:  Martinas Rankin

(1)IR:  Alex Brown

(3) Opted out:  LDT / Damien Williams / Lucas Niang 

Edited by samsel23
  • Like 1

*Odd they kept 4 TE’s,  along with Kemp.   I don’t think it’ll last long.     

*Nice to see Yasir make the team, not sure he sticks around when Rankin returns but still nice to see.

* Nice to see Wharton and Danna make it,  add some youth to the bottom of the DC.  

*Speaks being cut is pretty shocking,  while I didn’t like the pick in kind of shocked we couldn’t get a trade. 

* Would like to see Harris back, but definitely get the reason for only keeping 5 LB’s

* Really like our Safety group,   should help with some uncertainties at CB early in the season.