Jalen Ramsey unfollows rams on Instagram

LinderFournette

12 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I hate how this is a story because in 2020 this actually is a story. Like people unfollowing certain teams/groups they're affiliated with often actually has some merit. Ugh,

Before IG got popular, it was guys posting some cryptic material on their Twitter accounts, getting called out for it, and then the player denying it saying they meant something else or that they were "hacked" lol. 

It’s going to be interesting to see how the league evolves around social media. Some guys are now starting to realize the power it has to put pressure on teams to do things because such simple nonsense becomes news worth discussing.

Nothing motivates any organization to change like bad press, and that’s exactly what this does. Unfollow the team account, and suddenly everyone is talking about how the player is disgruntled and things aren’t right. Now the team has bad press and pressure to rectify the situation, and all the player needed to do is press a button.

This kind of stuff is going to become more and more common, as long as fans continue to talk about it. 

• Like 1

I mean the Rams have to pay him, right? Even if THEY think it's an overpay, they gave up 2 1sts for this guy, I don't think letting him walk can be viewed as even a remote possibility by Rams FO. I guess worst case scenario they'd trade him now and hope to get as much back from that trade as possible, but that'd be a massive L. 

What did Rams think they were getting into trading for a top CB? They knew full well he would become the highest paid CB. Considering Ramsey's leverage, they really are in no position to get hung up on $1-2M in yearly salary... which all leads me to conclusion that Ramsey and his agent have some ridiculous demands. Going off the market, a fair deal for Ramsey is something like 4 years, $75M, $60M guaranteed. Basically a bit above what White got ($17.25M per over 4 years, 80% guaranteed), by virtue of signing after him. He must be asking for significantly more than what White got for their to be a hang-up here, unless Rams really are just botching this. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I mean the Rams have to pay him, right? Even if THEY think it's an overpay, they gave up 2 1sts for this guy, I don't think letting him walk can be viewed as even a remote possibility by Rams FO. I guess worst case scenario they'd trade him now and hope to get as much back from that trade as possible, but that'd be a massive L. 

What did Rams think they were getting into trading for a top CB? They knew full well he would become the highest paid CB. Considering Ramsey's leverage, they really are in no position to get hung up on $1-2M in yearly salary... which all leads me to conclusion that Ramsey and his agent have some ridiculous demands. Going off the market, a fair deal for Ramsey is something like 4 years, $75M, $60M guaranteed. Basically a bit above what White got ($17.25M per over 4 years, 80% guaranteed), by virtue of signing after him. He must be asking for significantly more than what White got for their to be a hang-up here, unless Rams really are just botching this. 

Yes he's getting paid and he knows this, he's just making drama on twitter.

36 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah, even if Ramsey asks for 100 million, all guaranteed, the objectively best option would be to pay up, and Ramsey knows it.

Edited by Killashaw

1 hour ago, pwny said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how the league evolves around social media. Some guys are now starting to realize the power it has to put pressure on teams to do things because such simple nonsense becomes news worth discussing.

Nothing motivates any organization to change like bad press, and that’s exactly what this does. Unfollow the team account, and suddenly everyone is talking about how the player is disgruntled and things aren’t right. Now the team has bad press and pressure to rectify the situation, and all the player needed to do is press a button.

This kind of stuff is going to become more and more common, as long as fans continue to talk about it. 

It will probably put a larger priority on finding players who are smart and less likely to be inclined to pull stunts like this. I think that the age of analytics will change the game...players who are able to quickly process information and adapt it to their games will be in higher demand. 

Fortunately, I don't think that Jalen is the norm. He's a pretty special guy.

4 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I keep thinking they have to pay him but honestly if he cant keep it together do they want him around? What if they give him a 4 year 80M fully guaranteed contract(silly yes but lets say they do) what if he dogs it? what if his contract is 80% guaranteed bc they had to bend the knee?...does making a bigger mistake with the contract make the trade look better?

13 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This guy has the emotional maturity of a spoiled 6 year old coming down from a sugar high who just got the wrong present for Christmas. 

or the emotional maturity of somebody elite at his job who hasnt been able to negotiate his own contract and might not for the foreseeable future. i used to be so much more pro-team during these holdout situations... more or less firmly pro-player now, but particularly when they are guys on rookie deals (i have much less sympathy for guys who arent satisfied with a contract that they negotiated)

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

Adams did the same with the Jets. These kind of dudes are great players but aren't winners. Prized recruits, always played for winners in high school and college, coddled, always had their way. Get to the league, face adversity, face adulthood and meltdown as time goes on.

As someone said they need to be like Deion and sign short mercenary type deals. They wont wear out their welcome, always playing on guaranteed money and in situations they're happy with.